Best Rolling Pin? My Forearms Can't Take It Anymore!

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 12:04am by tigerhawk83

CakeInfatuation Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 7

I have a 20" Wilton rolling pin. After just a couple of cakes my arms are aching a LOT these days. I'd like to get a rolling pin with handles and ball bearings but not sure which is best.

I'm thinking I want at least an 18" barrel. Any suggestions???

6 replies
Lita829 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 7

I like the Silpin. Its a silicone rolling pin with metal handles. It has a lot of weight so you don't have to work as hard to roll out your dough, fondant,...etc.

I know that they sell it at Williams-Sonoma.

Kellbella Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 7

I have an aluminum rolling pin that is I think 18"long (the barrel only, not including the handles) and I love it, but I understand how you feel...even with that, when I have several cakes to cover...my arms and shoulders are killing me icon_cry.gif I'm going to get a sheeter next year someway, somehow! icon_wink.gif

sweettreat101 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 7

I use a marble rolling pin. The weight of the marble helps me roll out my fondant faster without much effort.

kyhendry Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 7

I bought this bad boy from Sams Club on-line and LOVE it...not to mention it was only about $17! there's an 18" and a 15" one.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=102991

The price will show up ($16.88 for the 18") once you put it into your cart.

Good Luck

ptanyer Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyhendry

I bought this bad boy from Sams Club on-line and LOVE it...not to mention it was only about $17! there's an 18" and a 15" one.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=102991

The price will show up ($16.88 for the 18") once you put it into your cart.

Good Luck

I have this one as well and absolutely love it icon_smile.gif Well worth the money.

tigerhawk83 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:04am
post #7 of 7

I've been using the OXO Good Grips rolling pin - it has a longer barrel, is relatively heavy so I don't have to push as hard - and I love the offset handles - keeps your knuckles off the counter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%