1St Time Buying Satin Ice Fondont....why Is It So Dry And ..

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 7 Aug 2010 , 7:34pm by cheriej

mom2my3girlz Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 6

First time buying a 20pound bucket of Satin Ice from Global sugar art. It is so dry and crumbly that it keeps breaking. My friend also ordered and her batch is perfect. How is customer service with Global? This is the first time I buy from them. My friend think I just got a bad batch. The expiration dat is not until 12/10. I will call them on monday...I hope there is something they can do...its a 20 pound bucket and I dont want to have to lose my money.

5 replies
cakes47 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 6

I recently bought several containers of Satin Ice for Global Sugar Art.
They're fine!!
They're great to deal with, never a problem.

leah_s Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 6

Satin Ice reported that they changed some of their equipment which necessitated a change in their fondant formula. They started getting a lot of complaints so have gone back to using the old equipment and old recipe. Unfortunately their are still bad batches in the marketplace.

vmertsock Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 6

I just received a bad batch the other day and Satin Ice was very very nice! They are replacing the bucket! They keep a sample of each bucket so if you call, they'll look at the batch and see what happened.

mom2my3girlz Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 6

I emailed them today because they are closed. I will call Global Sugar Art on monday for sure. Thank you.

cheriej Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 6

Because there are still these 'bad batches" out there on Satin Ice, I had my cake supply store call them and go through all her batch numbers of her inventory to make sure she did not have any of these.

Quote by @%username% on %date%