Interesting Buddy Valastro Article

Lounge By cutthecake Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 10:20pm by Elcee

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 11

The bakery employs about 100 people, and they make 500-700 cakes a week!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet/talking-out-of-school/the-cake-bosss-zesty-education.html

10 replies
cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 11

Interesting article. I'm guessing it was written before he was told to stop using the name Cake Boss?

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 11

Not sure if it's a problem with the editing, or a typo, but in answer to one question he tells a story about when he was a sophomore in college and later in the article states he dropped out of high school and never attended college. Interesting aticle, thanks for posting it! I admire him a lot and it's great to know his dad made him start at the bottom.

cakesbycathy, TLC is behind the name, aren't they, and not him personally?

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 11

I think TLC is behind the name, but if he was interviewed after the injunction was issued he shouldn't be referring to himself as the Cake Boss. If it was written after the fact, the author should have done some better editing or made a note of it at the end of the article or something. IMO

Elcee Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

I think TLC is behind the name, but if he was interviewed after the injunction was issued he shouldn't be referring to himself as the . If it was written after the fact, the author should have done some better editing or made a note of it at the end of the article or something. IMO

True, he should stop calling himself that. It could be that the author of the article doesn't even know. I wouldn't have known anything about it if I hadn't seen it here. Plus, if TLC is still fighting it, can they continue to use it? I'm not saying they should, mind you...I'm definitely in favor of the "little guy" in these types of issues. icon_smile.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 11

Yea for Buddy for laying it out there that college is NOT for everyone.

That being a tradesperson IS a valid option and a respectable and profitable profession.

----

as for name -- the judges order allows TLC use of name until end of 3rd season.

so still can use it legally.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 8:42pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

That being a tradesperson IS a valid option and a respectable and profitable profession.

100% agree

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 10:33pm
post #8 of 11

The interview was published May 31, 2010;
the injunction was in July of 2010 - 2 months later.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 11:02pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Another 100% agree. I didn't go to college or a university after high school, but i did complete a 4 year apprenticeship to become a Sheetmetal Journeyman. I have two people in my family that are a tradesperson, otherwise i never would have considered it b/c schools just don't let you know that trades are out there and respectable. Most push college and i wish they didn't.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 6:16pm
post #10 of 11

Elcee,
I noticed that college discrepancy, too. Didn't anyone proof-read that article before it was published?

Elcee Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 10:20pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Elcee,
I noticed that college discrepancy, too. Didn't anyone proof-read that article before it was published?

Apparently not... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%