What Pan To Use???

Decorating By LovelyCreations Updated 8 Aug 2010 , 8:32pm by LovelyCreations

LovelyCreations Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make 12" and 8" squares for a wedding cake but don't have good pans in those sizes. I have the Wilton 12" but the corners and edges aren't crisp enough for me. I want to purchase a pan that will be multi-functional; I'd like to use it for all size square cakes. I've seen on cake decorating shows that sheet pans are used and then a square template to cut the size wanted. What sheet pan is this that they use? I've tried searching for sheet pans 1" deep but don't find any. Are they using jelly roll pans?

Thanks in advance for the help! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
kansaslaura Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 4

They're using full size sheet pans that fit into professional sized ovens. They measure 18 x 24.

CWR41 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 4

They're called Bun pans - 18" x 26":
Also available at Sam's Club (sometimes called Jelly Roll pans too.)

When baking cake, bakeable cardboard trays are used (25 1/4 x 17 5/icon_cool.gif
(the "cool" emoticon is suppose to be an eight)

LovelyCreations Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much for the responses!

Quote by @%username% on %date%