Cupcake Bouquets And Farmers Market

Baking By PinkChateau Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 10:20pm by PinkChateau

PinkChateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkChateau Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 7:56am
post #1 of 18

Hi all. I just wanted to share my cupcake bouquets and the rave reviews from the Farmers Market. I was visiting a Farmers Market one day and was eyeing all the scrumptious pound cakes and loaf cakes. I thought to myself, hey, I could do cupcakes since I saw no cupcakes for sale. After speaking with the owner, she said she would be delighted to have some. She purchased 4 on a Friday and called me later that day and said they all sold out and could she have 5 more on Monday. Yippieee! The following week she ordered 7 more, 3 for special orders and 4 for the store. She kindly displayed them right near the register. She is now calling me weekly for orders. (This is only my third week). As I am a relative newbie Im so proud and thankful I found her store. What a gem.

SPECIAL THANKS to KHALSTEAD for her cupcake bouquet tutorials.

I have them packaged in an 8 x 8 x 12 clear poly box with a gold base for support.

TFL
LL
LL

17 replies
alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 8:10am
post #2 of 18

they are beautiful! congrats ! where do I find that tutuorial...I'd like to do some like that..
Oh and do you mind sharing how much you sell them for..

PinkChateau Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 8:23am
post #3 of 18

Hi Allykat. Here is KHALSTEAD's tutorial. http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-672414.html

I love the way she does this as I too in the past tried the "toothpick/styro" method with disatrous results icon_cry.gif ; not for a customer though, just by making samples. Actually, my "cost" is $6.50 (which is high because of the box as I could not come up with anything else that would be easy to transport, pretty to display and not squish my icing). BUT, selling in a region that has a higher socioeconoic climate, she buys them from me for $22.00 each. I also sell her my extra cupcakes for $10.00 for 6. HTH. Happy baking.

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 8:42am
post #4 of 18

thanks so much are those real clay pots? oh and where do you get the little plastic cups?

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 9:49am
post #5 of 18

Those are beautiful. Congratulations!

DarleneP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DarleneP Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 1:19am
post #6 of 18

May I as the diameter of your pots? Also where do you get the cups? TIA.

Mrs262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs262 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 1:46am
post #7 of 18

Those are very beautiful!! Great job!

Hollandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollandy Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 10:56am
post #8 of 18

WOW! I have never seen a cupcake boquet before (yes, I do, in fact, live under a rock). Those are gorgeous!

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:01pm
post #9 of 18

For that bottom pic, are you sticking silk leaves in there? They're so glossy!

PinkChateau Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 1:13pm
post #10 of 18

KGER - Yes, those are silk leaves that I got from the $1 store and hot glued to the rim. I didn't care a lot for the paper shred because if it touched the BC it would leave an oily mark.

Hollandy & Mrs262- THANK YOU so much for the compliments. They were so much fun to make.

DarleneP - The clay pots are 6" pots with 6" saucers hot glued together. I found the pots at Home Depot and Lowes but you can use any type of pot that has a 6" opening because the 2 oz. cups fit perfectly, which I purchased at Dollar General.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:55pm
post #11 of 18

Your cupcake bouquets look awesome! I really need to make one of those some time! Very, very cute!

Rebealuvsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebealuvsweets Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 10:06pm
post #12 of 18

Those r so beautiful!!!Congratulations....That is so awesome~~~~

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 11:24pm
post #13 of 18

PinkChateau- How are they holding up in the heat?

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 12:36am
post #14 of 18

PinkChateau - Your bouquets are just adorable. I've done a few myself and just love doing them. Khalstead's tutorial is the best. Are those real or gumpaste flowers on your first one posted?

Cindsters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindsters Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 12:40am
post #15 of 18

I really like your cupcake bouquets. Congrats for so many orders!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 12:44am
post #16 of 18

I too make these and love them!! Such a personal type gift!!

elainem51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainem51 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 1:17am
post #17 of 18

Congratulations! Great Job! Where do you order your boxes..... Thanks for sharing!

PinkChateau Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 10:20pm
post #18 of 18

Sorry for the delay in responding, have been making cupcake bouquets and iced sugar cookies out the wazoooo icon_biggrin.gif

elainem51 - Boxes came from papermart.

Mickeebabe - The daisies are made out of gumpaste.

Thanks all for the great comments. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%