Store-Bought Screw Up

Decorating By MollyGirl_17 Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 4:23am by cake_architect

MollyGirl_17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyGirl_17 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 7:02am
post #1 of 8

So I come into work tonight and there is cake left over from an earlier shift. Store-bought cake is not my favorite thumbsdown.gif but the last couple ones we've had here have been pretty good surprisingly thumbs_up.gif . Anyway, there is a half sheet of white and a tiny tiny chocolate round.

Me: "Oh boy, cake!!"
Coworker: "Yeah..the chocoate is edible" <--Strike one

I make my coffee, slice myself up a hunk of white (my fave). I noticed the frosting is VERY shiny and so gooey/runny at almost falls off the cake while cutting it. <-- Strike two. I think, Hmmm....

Sit down, take a bite...and spit it into napkin. <-- Strike three! NASTY. The frosting is grainy, like beach sand grainy. And the taste is just weird. Not spoiled or rotten, just weird. Being the hobby cake snobby that I am, I immediatley take another small bite of frosting to try to figure out what on earth they did. I think they left something out and maybe didn't mix it long enough?

The actual cake was weird too, in taste and texture. After a two bites of both cake and frosting I pitched the rest and ate a piece of chocolate. I don't know who purchased the cake, but if it was me I'd take it back and demand a refund. All the more reason I make my own stuff, lol.

7 replies
quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 8

I read the food labels on store bought cake. It has to many artifical ingredietns.

I agree baking from scratch is healthier for me and my family.

That is why I do not drink soda

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 8

Nasty!

Mrs262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs262 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 1:38am
post #4 of 8

I was at my granddaughter's bday party today and I had to force myself not to open my mouth about the cake!!! lol, I kept repeating to myself "don't think about the cake, don't think about the cake" ... (they didn't ask me to make one because of my wonderfully crazy schedule) My youngest 2 kids are cake snobs icon_smile.gif They both took a piece of the store bought (unlevel, icing crooked, soggy in the middle) cake and neither one finished it....yuuuck, you know it's bad when two little kids turn down free sugar!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:49am
post #5 of 8

My daughter won't eat the cake at other kids' parties. One of her friends had a birthday party and even she (the birthday girl) said "This cake isn't as good as your mom's" then wouldn't eat her own cake icon_cool.gif

My_Little_Cake_Shop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
My_Little_Cake_Shop Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 8

When I asked my daughter what she did at her friend's party a few weeks ago she said "we played games, we laughed with the clown, and we ate some sandwiches. Her cake was soooo pretty! It was My Little Pony! But I didn't eat any cake. I don't like to eat anyone else's cake anymore!" hahahahah

YellowBrickRd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YellowBrickRd Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 4:05am
post #7 of 8

LOL-thats cute-out of the mouths of babes

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 4:23am
post #8 of 8

eww that sound gross! everyone loves my cakes, a lot of people tell me "i've never liked cake but i couldn't stop eating yours!" haha! but my little secret is i love h-e-b cake! (texas grocery store) i'm always excited when i go somewhere and they have a sheet cake from them icon_biggrin.gif idk what it is, but they make some yummy cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%