Help Please! I Need To Get 'david's Bridal' "pool"

Decorating By countrycakes Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 2:20am by awatterson

countrycakes Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:41am
post #1 of 9

I am working on a cake for a bride...need to get the color of the 'David's Bridal' "POOL" color....any help? It is not a blue, not a bluegreen, not a turqoise....ack!

Any help is appreciated! thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
nana_marta Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:55am
post #2 of 9

I am working on one as we speak. The closest I got was Wilton Aqua with the tiniest leaf green. Have you noticed this color really changes in the light? Good luck with yours, guess I should get back to work on mine!

countrycakes Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:59am
post #3 of 9

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! thumbs_up.gif

cutthecake Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:02am
post #4 of 9

What is David's Bridal Pool and/or Color?

Jeep_girl816 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:28am
post #5 of 9

I would either guess a tiny bit of Wilton's aqua or even tinier bit of Teal. I think David's uses "unique" colors on purpose so they are next to impossible to match and you have to buy their ribbons and things icon_confused.gif

countrycakes Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 11:56am
post #6 of 9

icon_confused.gif WHEW! I got it done....not too bad...considering the only color on the cake will be the bottom borders...

David's Bridal is a bridal gown store....the 'Pool' color is a odd shade of blue.....not blue not green....and YES, I agree.....I think that they go with 'wonky colors' so the brides almost have to buy their things to go with it. icon_rolleyes.gif

nana_marta......YES! That color seemed to change over and over....ack....not fun. :/

all4cake Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:39pm
post #7 of 9

even among their own images, the color doesn't appear to be the same. Surely the color swatch is more exacting than their images.

tcakes65 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:00pm
post #8 of 9

I mix Americolor sky blue with turquoise, and it comes out really close to the David's Bridal "pool" color.

awatterson Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 2:20am
post #9 of 9

Have any of you made David's Clover color? If so, what colors did you mix for that? Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%