Arkansas Bakeries

Business By naunie2 Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 12:13pm by dguerrant

naunie2  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naunie2 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 7

Is there anyone on here from Arkansas? If so, I would like to know where you start to find out the guide lines for opening a cake shop. Everyone I call sends me to someone else it's a big circle. I have been chasing my tail (lol). thanks for any help

6 replies
 mamawrobin  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 7

I'm in Arkansas. Where are you located?
Tracycakes is in Arkansas and she has a shop in Little Rock off Markham I believe. Anyway she could probably help you out with that. I work IN a bakery but I don't own my own business.

There are several more of us from Arkansas on cc but Tracy is the only one that I know of that owns her own business.

naunie2  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naunie2 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:01pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks, I am in Texarkana. I will look her up in the directory. I have thought about this for along time and would just like to know the guidelines, just to see if this is a adventure that I want, because I know there is alot to it, but I love to bake and decorate cakes, it is adventure withevery cake that I do, I learn something with every cake. It's just what I want to do. Thanks for the info

Bastian  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bastian Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:07pm
post #4 of 7

I'm in Arkansas too and have the same questions. Will you let me know sometime what all you have found out? I'm in northwest Arkansas.

Karen421  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 7

Hi! I'm from Arkansas also, according to the following link, I don't think we can have a home bake shop, if that is what you are thinking. But I would start with the Health Department. Good Luck!!!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-586218.html

Randy Carter, Head of Food Service Establishment Inspection 501-661-2171
(from the link above)

mamawrobin  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 7

No, Arkansas doesn't license home bakers. dguerrant is from Arkansas and doesn't own a business. You might pm her for information on how she is able to sell cakes. I think she may work through a caterer or someone else that is licensed. We talked about once but I really can't remember. All I remember is that she doesn't own her own bakery or anything.

SugarFrosted is also from Arkansas. Maybe she has some information as well.

dguerrant  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 12:13pm
post #7 of 7

I do cakes through my very close friend's (like my second mom) catering/flower business. She has a licensed kitchen and allows me to use her space for my cakes. I don't do them full time, mostly to go along with her catering jobs and celebrations. So, I am very lucky to have access to an excellent facility at anytime!!!! Seeing that the cakes typically are for her catered functions, while they are baking/cooling, I usually help prep and take care of the things she needs to have done for the job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%