Arkansas Bakeries

Business By naunie2 Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 12:13pm by dguerrant

naunie2 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 7

Is there anyone on here from Arkansas? If so, I would like to know where you start to find out the guide lines for opening a cake shop. Everyone I call sends me to someone else it's a big circle. I have been chasing my tail (lol). thanks for any help

6 replies
mamawrobin Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 7

I'm in Arkansas. Where are you located?
Tracycakes is in Arkansas and she has a shop in Little Rock off Markham I believe. Anyway she could probably help you out with that. I work IN a bakery but I don't own my own business.

There are several more of us from Arkansas on cc but Tracy is the only one that I know of that owns her own business.

naunie2 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:01pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks, I am in Texarkana. I will look her up in the directory. I have thought about this for along time and would just like to know the guidelines, just to see if this is a adventure that I want, because I know there is alot to it, but I love to bake and decorate cakes, it is adventure withevery cake that I do, I learn something with every cake. It's just what I want to do. Thanks for the info

Bastian Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:07pm
post #4 of 7

I'm in Arkansas too and have the same questions. Will you let me know sometime what all you have found out? I'm in northwest Arkansas.

Karen421 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 7

Hi! I'm from Arkansas also, according to the following link, I don't think we can have a home bake shop, if that is what you are thinking. But I would start with the Health Department. Good Luck!!!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-586218.html

Randy Carter, Head of Food Service Establishment Inspection 501-661-2171
(from the link above)

mamawrobin Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 7

No, Arkansas doesn't license home bakers. dguerrant is from Arkansas and doesn't own a business. You might pm her for information on how she is able to sell cakes. I think she may work through a caterer or someone else that is licensed. We talked about once but I really can't remember. All I remember is that she doesn't own her own bakery or anything.

SugarFrosted is also from Arkansas. Maybe she has some information as well.

dguerrant Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 12:13pm
post #7 of 7

I do cakes through my very close friend's (like my second mom) catering/flower business. She has a licensed kitchen and allows me to use her space for my cakes. I don't do them full time, mostly to go along with her catering jobs and celebrations. So, I am very lucky to have access to an excellent facility at anytime!!!! Seeing that the cakes typically are for her catered functions, while they are baking/cooling, I usually help prep and take care of the things she needs to have done for the job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%