How Do You Keep Cake Balls From Sweatting?

Decorating By kweenofengland Updated 7 Aug 2010 , 2:40am by cheatize

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 8

I have seen this topic before but did not read the post! Not sure how to locate that post in this forum if it still exists!

So can you all please repeat what ever you told the last person?

I made cake balls and put them in the fridge. The day of the event I sit them out, but they sweat and look all sticky. Not a very pretty way to present the yummy cake balls!

7 replies
artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 8

The moisture you see is coming from the humidity in the warm air outside of your fridge, condensing on your cold balls when you take them out.

Water takes different forms depending on its temperature, from steam/humidity at the warm end, liquid in the middle range to solid/ice at the cold end.

When the humidity (warm/gas) in the air in your room hits the cool of your balls, the temperature changes the gas to a liquid which accumulates on the cool surface.

So, the cure for cake balls sweating when you take them out of the fridge is to prevent the humid air from getting to your balls. If the balls are in a box when you take them out, the humid/warm/gas cannot reach the cool surface of the balls. It will hit the outside of the cool box and condense there, leaving your balls perfectly dry. They will be safe as they come to room temp.

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 8

This is totally immature but.....my DH had a good laugh at the subject title of this thread!! icon_lol.gif

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 8

I'm sorry...all this talk about balls is just not good for me! All I see is "sweaty balls, "cold balls", "the cool of your balls" and "perfectly dry balls" ROTFL... Sorry!!!! I just couldn't help it!

deej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deej Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK1973

I'm sorry...all this talk about balls is just not good for me! All I see is "sweaty balls, "cold balls", "the cool of your balls" and "perfectly dry balls" ROTFL... Sorry!!!! I just couldn't help it!

I know it's immature too, but all I can think of is the Saturday Night Live skit with Alec Baldwin - Schweddy Balls. Sorry. It's funny.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:52am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motta

This is totally immature but.....my DH had a good laugh at the subject title of this thread!! icon_lol.gif

Don't feel bad, the first thing that came to my mind was the SNL skit with Alec Baldwin.. and you all know what I'm talkin' about!!

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 2:10am
post #7 of 8

Oh shoot! I just watched the SNL clip That was hilarious!!!!!!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 2:40am
post #8 of 8

Aw, thanks guys! Now my mind is with the rest of you.

I don't know why I didn't think about keeping them in a box. I know you do it with it, but I never transferred that to cake truffles.

Yes, truffles. I'm on a mission to change it. Around here, balls= 50 cents; truffles=$1. It's all in the marketing, baby! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%