Help Gumpaste Disaster!!!

Decorating By JakiJ Updated 7 Aug 2010 , 2:51am by sweetnessx3

JakiJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JakiJ Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hi
I really need help I have made several gumpaste figures for a cake for tomorrow and my flatmate has left the dryer on and they have gone glossy and sticky can I rescue them or will I Have to stay up all night to make more! Please help x

3 replies
zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 4

Hi JakiJ.... sorry to hear that, you must be very upset!

I made some fondant figures one evening, and put them straight into a tupperware container which I didn't open until the next morning. They were all glossy and sticky.... oh no! I left the lid off, and withing a few hours they had hardened up.

I know this is probably not a fast enough result for you, I have heard other people talk about methods to speed up the process, so maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

I'm sure you'll be fine if you leave them to dry in a cool dry room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakiJ

Hi
I really need help I have made several gumpaste figures for a cake for tomorrow and my flatmate has left the dryer on and they have gone glossy and sticky can I rescue them or will I Have to stay up all night to make more! Please help x

JakiJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JakiJ Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for your advice I've got a fan on them as I type and hopefully they seem to be drying out fingers crossed x

sweetnessx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetnessx3 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 2:51am
post #4 of 4

I leave mine in the oven with just the light on and they harden up fastericon_smile.gif actually someone here taught me this ! Good Luck !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%