Cookies On A Stick - What Do Your Customers Want?

Baking By Spectra Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 6:18pm by Spectra

Spectra Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 8

I'm still trying to put together my business ideas and was wondering what your customers prefer when it comes to cookies on a stick. Stick in cookie or stick glued to the bag? I figured I'd ask those of you with a lot more experience than I. Thanks in advance for any tips! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
verono Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 8

Stick IN the cookie ! They like to eat when it's on the stick.

And I really prefer IN the cookies.. more beautiful , in my opinion...

GeminiRJ Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 8

Why not offer both options? Some people probably won't care how the stick is attached, while others will. I think you lose the "cool" factor of cookies on a stick if it's just stuck to the bag. But I also understand that some parents worry about their kids hurting themselves with the stick. (Personally, this wasn't high on my "worry" list, but some parents aren't happy unless they're fretting over something).

tinygoose Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

But I also understand that some parents worry about their kids hurting themselves with the stick. (Personally, this wasn't high on my "worry" list, but some parents aren't happy unless they're fretting over something).

Lol...oh that's funny. The sticks aren't pointy or sharp, some parents! Really! lol...if the kids it so dumb, that they injure themselves on a cookie stick...well that's just nature's way weeding out the dumb ones. lol...

Spectra Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you for your replies. I haven't made any cookies with the sticks, but I want to try to do a cookie bouquet for my mother next month. Are there any great tutorials or links on how to properly bake and prepare the cookies on a stick?

tinygoose Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 5:56pm
post #6 of 8

It's easier to put the stick in if the dough is cold/chilled, and thick enough. I like NFSC recipe with Toba Garretts glace, but everyone is different.

verono Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:00pm
post #7 of 8

I put them while the cookies are hot (right when they come out of the oven) and I then flatten them with the back of a spoon.

Spectra Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:18pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you! Oh, and is it the candy sticks that one uses?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%