So Sad To Be Leaving

Lounge By cabecakes Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 9:34pm by bobwonderbuns

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 2:15am
post #1 of 21

Well guys, I have had a blast on CakeCentral.com, but I have to give up my internet. Financial difficulties have not gotten any better for me, so I have to cut costs somewhere. I have already given up the cable and telephone, so there is only one place left that I can tighten my belt. I would like to say that it has been a great pleasure to have had such wonderful and giving teachers icon_cry.gif . I would never have been able to learn the things that I have learned without you all. I will try to check in via the library or from my daughter/son-in-laws internet when possible. Although I have only been a member for about a year, it seems like I know some of your personalities very well. And I WILL TRULY MISS YOU. When I first came on this site I laughed when I saw the "Warning this website is highly addictive". If I had only known how true that statement was. God Bless and Happy Caking! BTW...I still have till August 17, so I am sure I will be back on again between now and then icon_rolleyes.gif

20 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 2:21am
post #2 of 21

Sorry to hear things are not going well. Hopefully you'll see a quick turn around and come back to us soon!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 2:42am
post #3 of 21

I sent you a pm....I am sad that you are leaving. You are always so positive. Good luck and hope you are able to come back soon.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 2:46am
post #4 of 21

I hope you check in at the library often. We will miss you and look forward to hearing from you whenever we can.

I hope everything improves for you soon. Hugs!!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 3:38am
post #5 of 21

Best wishes until you visit again.....

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 4:48am
post #6 of 21

Things are so hard for so many people right now. I'm glad you're taking every step you can to make it! Please keep your eyes looking ahead. Prayers for you!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:34pm
post #7 of 21

I'm sure things will turn around for you. Keep your positive attitude-and visit the library often!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:59pm
post #8 of 21

I wish you a quick fix to your financial problems and hope that you can continue to be on CC at the library!

debbek152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbek152 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 5:53pm
post #9 of 21

Bless you and GOOD LUCK. I will miss you and keep you in my prayers. I truly hope things turn around for you soon. icon_smile.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:16pm
post #10 of 21

Cabecakes we will miss you. Try the library or an internet cafe to keep in touch.

cc members will miss you.

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:35pm
post #11 of 21

Will miss you in more places than just CC. *hugs and hope you start to see a turn around in your situation soon.

cabecakes Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 5:42am
post #12 of 21

Thanks for the kind comments. I have been trying to keep positive. I guess I could have explained the circumstances a little. You see...my husband is 55 years old and was laid off from his job of 17 years about 3 years ago. He has been having difficulty finding work because of his age. No one wants to hire someone that close to retirement age. His great work history (one job 19 years and the 17 years) makes no difference. They do not even try to hide the fact that they are not hiring him because of his age. One guy told him he was to old for the job...my husband told him that was illegal. The guy said if he could afford to sue him, he didn't need the job anyway. When he goes for interviews...he says they take look one look at him and he can tell by the way they act he isn't going to get the job. I feel bad for him and try to encourage him, but as time and many interviews pass he gets more discouraged. Oh well...you tighten the belt...grab the rope...and hang on tight...and pray for the best. God Bless You All.

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 12:00am
post #13 of 21

Cabecakes-

Hang on. Please keep in touch with the cc forum when you have access to the internet.

I will keep positive thoughts for your husband.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 5:09pm
post #14 of 21

My prayers are with your family. May God help you tide over this trying time. xoxo

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 5:49pm
post #15 of 21

My SIL is 39 and can't find a job. He has a rare form of arthritis and can't do anything real physical. He was recently hired for an administrative job and they had him up on an apartment roof climbing over the fire wall. He could barely walk when he got home. I am so sorry for everyone who is so willing to work that can't find someone who recognizes their skills. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope things turn around real soon.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 6:29pm
post #16 of 21

I'm so sorry that you are going thru this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you as well. I hope you are able to be on here often from your library's computers.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 7:59pm
post #17 of 21

Have you tried free internet services, such as Netzero? You only get 10 hours a month for free, but it's better than nothing.

http://store.netzero.net/s/landing?wbrgsplt=register&action=viewProduct&productId=free

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 5:13am
post #18 of 21

So sad that you are in this situation - unbelievable isn't it, that you and i both live in what is commonly reffered to as *the lucky Countries* yet, i sit and read your post and think - How can this be, in this day and age?
When through no fault of your own - you find yourself in this situation.

From across the oceans and many more miles after that - i do so hope that things turn around for you and your family.

Bluehue

cabecakes Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:31pm
post #19 of 21

Secret_Agent_Cake_Baker thank you so much for the post, but I had to give up my home telephone too. I do have my cell, because I have a daughter in college 3 hours away. I thought the cell would be cheaper then long distance (we have limited plan with free mobile to mobile and nights and weekends). I appreciate your post though. I guess I will just have to visit the library on occasion to check in. I'm just not sure if our local library will allow us to use a flash drive to upload to the internet or not. I know they have some restrictions on downloading.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:24pm
post #20 of 21

CC will really miss you, and your up-beat attitude. You are always so quick to offer an encouraging word - seems doubly unfair that you're going through these troubles. icon_sad.gif

I sincerely hope that things turn around very quickly for you and your family.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:34pm
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

Well guys, I have had a blast on CakeCentral.com, but I have to give up my internet. Financial difficulties have not gotten any better for me, so I have to cut costs somewhere. I have already given up the cable and telephone, so there is only one place left that I can tighten my belt. I would like to say that it has been a great pleasure to have had such wonderful and giving teachers icon_cry.gif . I would never have been able to learn the things that I have learned without you all. I will try to check in via the library or from my daughter/son-in-laws internet when possible. Although I have only been a member for about a year, it seems like I know some of your personalities very well. And I WILL TRULY MISS YOU. When I first came on this site I laughed when I saw the "Warning this website is highly addictive". If I had only known how true that statement was. God Bless and Happy Caking! BTW...I still have till August 17, so I am sure I will be back on again between now and then icon_rolleyes.gif

If there is any way for you to go to the library and come back we'd love it. You are a real asset and a blessing to the community. Please don't go!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%