What Do We Do In A Cake Club?

Lounge By anxietyattack Updated 22 Aug 2010 , 4:58am by anxietyattack

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 1:24am
post #1 of 12

If I were to start a cake club in my area, what kinds of things would "we" do? What are some things you've done in your cake club? What kinds of things would you like to do if you were in a club? What kinds of things would to learn?

There's a lot of interest from what I've found but I don't really know how to run a meeting. Any and every tip would help a ton!

Thanks in Advance!

11 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 12

I'll give you a bump because I would love to know about this as well!

anxietyattack Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 9:37pm
post #3 of 12

thank you for the bump! I've been waiting in anticipation and still no answers...

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 12

I know there is a cake club just outside my living area. I came across their website.

1. They had what I thought was a large membership fee. icon_confused.gif

2. They get together at someones house "that months host/hotess" and practice new techniques or recipes.

3. They go to functions or contests together.. I guess local ones, and ICES.

4. And if someone got a new "toy" they would bring it and let others try it out first to see if they liked it.

(I bet they had fun with the cricut machine!)

I hope someone else posts something on it. From reading on the cake club. That is all I saw that they do.

anxietyattack Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 1:51am
post #5 of 12

Thanks for the info. That's kinda what I had been thinking we would do. Lol, I just don't want it to be lame icon_smile.gif

I'm also very inexperienced... but that's a big reason why I want to do this.

so....

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 2:02am
post #6 of 12

I would love it if I could just find a group of ladies to get together with a couple times a month for coffee and cake talk! My hubby is getting a little tired of almost every conversation turning to cake or cookies or cuppies or gumpaste, yada yada yada. . .

anxietyattack Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 3:52pm
post #7 of 12

hahahahaha, my husband probably feels the same way. But to be fair he does talk about his work a lot too lol.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 2:24am
post #8 of 12

I would like to get one started in my area as well. I believe if you maybe spoke to a local church, they usually have a small kitchen and they definitely have tables where you could practice different tips and techniques. It might be fun to look into. Maybe you could post flyers at local party supply stores and hobby stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc. It may generate more interest then you think. Cake design is a hot item these days.

anxietyattack Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:22am
post #9 of 12

That's a great idea! Thanks!!!!! I was looking at Meet Up. Com and if I start a group it asks if I want to charge dues. That would help with organizing I'm sure but I don't know how much!

Obviously it would all go to the group and such for things like demo's and maybe guest speakers etc. Any ideas there?

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 6:34am
post #10 of 12

Check out the new york cake club. It has a great meetup group.

thallo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thallo Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 12:05am
post #11 of 12

We have a small club in the Panhandle of Florida and we get together once a month at someone's house. We tried churches, libraries, craft stores. All presented various problems. If they had other functions, we had to adjust to fit their schedules and this was confusing for members to keep up with. We have a small membership fee so refreshments are brought on a volunteer basis each month. We try to have a demo every month. Sometimes this can just be something that some of the members are interested in, or sometimes it is a new technique someone has learned. At times, we have had guest speakers or demonstrators.
We also sponsor a cake show and competition once a year and all the profits from this benefit our local Ronald McDonald House. Our members also volunteerly take treats to them on holidays.
As you can see, we stay busy. We are a small club, but we
have been growing recently due to our Secreatry putting us on Facebook. You are welcome to check out our club at www.panhandlecakecrumbs.com.
Good luck and happy clubbing!

anxietyattack Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 4:58am
post #12 of 12

Thank you so much! I will check out your club for sure!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%