I Know This Has Been Asked Before But.....

Decorating By chrissypie Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 1:41pm by mamawrobin

chrissypie Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 1:13am
post #1 of 8

what clay extruder do you recommend the most. I want to do tassles and ropes with fondant. I bought a cheap silver one that didn't work AT ALL! Total waste of money. I have heard great things about the green Makins and have heard of the big black and red gun type one ( I think sugarcraft or something). Obviously, the price difference between the two is considerable, 20 v. 50 dollars, but I am looking for best quality and ease of use. Does anyone have an honest opinion on this? Thanks!

7 replies
mamawrobin Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 3:27am
post #2 of 8

Makins Ultimate Clay Extruder. It's green with a twist handle. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby (Michael's also carries them) for $12.49 with my 40% off coupon. thumbs_up.gif

It is one thing that I would replace immediately should something happen to mine. I use it that much.

poohsmomma Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 8

I have the same one as mamawrobin. Love it.

kse Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 8

Ditto on the Makin Clay Extruder!

All4Show Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:56pm
post #5 of 8

I have the same one, but really wish it had a bigger capacity to hold more fondant.

ycknits Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 1:20pm
post #6 of 8

A few weeks ago, I found a much larger one at Michaels. It's made by Walnut Hollow and has more than twice the capacity of my previous one. It has a folding crank handle that is really easy to use.... better than the trigger mechanism on the guns. So with two loads, I can make a twisted braid to surround a cake.... way better than my old one. It's about twice as expensive as the smaller ones, but with a 40% off coupon I feel that I got a really good deal. Also, it comes in a really nice storage case with a clear, snap shut cover. I LOVE IT!!

dchockeyguy Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 1:35pm
post #7 of 8

ARtway. It's much larger than the Makin. THey have two sizes, which I call "large" and "OMG!"

mamawrobin Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 1:41pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchockeyguy

ARtway. It's much larger than the Makin. THey have two sizes, which I call "large" and "OMG!"

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You're too funny.

Seriously...where did you find the ARtway? The ONLY issue I have with the Makin is that it is so small.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%