Joshsmom Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 6:27pm
post #1 of

I'm in search of a really creamy chocolate filling. I have a cake for next week in which the cutomer would like chocolate cake with a super creamy filling. I'm going to be making 2 - 12 inch round cakes and torting them so I'll have 4 layers.

Any recipes/suggestions you can share. I've checked the recipes here but nothing stood out as really creamy but then since I've not tried any I may be overlooking one that is really great. icon_wink.gif

3 replies
Bubbles Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 7:21pm
post #2 of

I have been looking for a good chocolate filling too. I have used a pudding mix with whipped cream, but I was looking for something a little different

Joshsmom Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 10:53pm
post #3 of

Bubbles,

Do you just add the powered pudding to the whip cream or do you make the pudding then mix in the whipped cream (is it the cool whip?)

NottawaChelle Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 11:08pm
post #4 of

I use 1 box chocolate pudding mix, 1 package of dream whip and 1 3/4 cups milk. Mix all together until smooth with electric beaters. Then I allow it to thicken in the fridge before spreading between layers. This is delicious. In fact I made a cake today with this filling and happen to have some left over in the fridge "calling my name" -- I can hardly wait until the kids are in bed! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%