Does Anyone Else Get Frustrated When Looking For Inspiration

Decorating By Crabbabs

Crabbabs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crabbabs Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 1

First off, I love cc and I think it is a great place where pros and beginners alike can get together to share ideas and learn from one another.

I get frustrated, however, when I start to plan a cake and look for inspiration on here. There are so many spectacular cakes on cc, but it seems like there are five times as many so-so cakes on here. Now, I understand that this is part of having such a welcoming community, and I think that it is wonderful that beginners and hobby bakers (I am one myself) can post their own creations, get advice, and inspire others. It just seems that when I search the galleries for specific ideas, I get page after page of average cakes. They are usually nice, but I am looking for WOW cakes with unique ideas, flawless execution, new techniques, etc.

I wish there was some way to search quickly for these WOW cakes I am talking about, but I know that it is impossible. My idea of spectacular is different from the next persons. I would suggest have a professional gallery, but we have all seen cake wrecks and know that being a professional does not make you a great decorator. I guess I will just have to sift through the average cakes to find the exceptional ones.

Sorry this is kind of long, I just wanted to vent, and I hope I dont sound rude - maybe I am just inpatient. I love anyone can post their photos whether it is their very first cake, or a cake that won first at the Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show we are all here to learn and help out one another, I just wish I could find what I am looking for more quickly.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%