Has This Ever Happened To You?

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 11:50am by Caths_Cakes

MissCakeCrazy Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 7

I have a wedding cake order for October. I just spoke to the groom and he informed me that their ceremony and wedding party will be in the same hall and that they do not want the cake placed in the hall during the cereomony and they want it to be placed in the cool room until needed. I was planning to take a picture of the wedding cake on its stand with fresh flowers placed on it from the florist. (having the wedding decorations in the back ground) I am worried that if I do this in the cold room (which I am guessing will look like a kitchen(, the photo will not be as nice as the background will be ugly. I am thinking of calling the wedding organizer and asking if I could stack the cake on the stand and place the flowers in the ceremony hsll just so I can take a picture, then to put them back in their boxes and taken to the cool room. What do you think?

6 replies
Doug Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 7

or bring a big bed sheet or set of curtains and have helpers hold those behind the cake while you take a photo.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 7

I just thought having the background of decorated chairs and tables with flowers will make the picture look nicer

PatricesPieces Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 7

You can usually ask who the bride's photographer is and order a picture of the cake from the photographer. I have done this on several occassions. Just take a picture of the cake when you deliver as well just for your records, so it shows the cake in tact. If they will be moving the cake after you leave then it's their responsibility if they drop it while moving it.

Caths_Cakes Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 7

Yes. Ask the bride, Or photographer, For a copy, Much less hassel for you icon_smile.gif

MissCakeCrazy Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:26am
post #6 of 7

Thanks, just taken your advise and e-mailed the client for their photographers details. I hope they are Ok with it

Caths_Cakes Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:50am
post #7 of 7

It should be fine, theres no reason why it shouldnt really, Alot of companies do it nowadays, I did it with my wedding, I gave a copy to my cake lady for her portfolio, And also the shop where my hubby and his best man got there suits from asked for a photo and i gave them one icon_smile.gif
I was very lucky to have a photographer who did me a few extra copies for free icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%