Prayers For Joe Update

Lounge By Loucinda Updated 14 Aug 2010 , 1:30am by JustToEatCake

Loucinda Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 11

For those who posted to my original post about Joe who was paralyzed from a sail boat accident in the spring, I wanted to give you an update.

Joe WALKED for the first time yesterday!! He has been using a sling to hold most of his weight, but yesterday he walked with a walker holding his own weight for the first time. icon_biggrin.gif

He still doesn't have much strength in his arms but he is working hard everyday to gain control.

The doctors have said whatever he has back in a year and a half from the accident will be what he has from then on, it is rare that anyone gains more ground from that point. Joe pushes himself everyday - he knows it is up to him to get his body back.

I want to thank those of you who kept him in your prayers.

10 replies
Doug Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 11

wonderful news.

continuing prayers for a full recovery.

mamawrobin Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks for the update. So glad to hear good news. Will continue to pray for full recovery.

BrightDelights Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 11

That's wonderful! Thanks for the update Cindy!

JulieMN Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 11:43pm
post #5 of 11

Great news! Will keep you all in my prayers.

iamcakin Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 11

How encouraging! Will continue to pray for your family. icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 2:09am
post #7 of 11

Thank you all - I know it is with the help of all of your prayers that he has been able to come so far!

dailey Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:56pm
post #8 of 11

I will continue to pray!

Loucinda Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 5:41pm
post #9 of 11

Thank you - I think him finally walking holding his own weight was a HUGE morale booster for him. He was able to pick up "Combos" this week with 2 of his fingers and get them to his mouth! This was a big deal - he hasn't had much use of his arms/hands/fingers - we are all so happy for him and the progress he has made.

kansaslaura Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 1:14pm
post #10 of 11

Those are huge milestone steps for him! Prayers work!! I know every bit of independence he gets back pushes him harder. thumbs_up.gif

JustToEatCake Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 1:30am
post #11 of 11

Awesome. I have wondered about him many times!!! Therapy can work wonders!!! I have seen it happen many times!

Quote by @%username% on %date%