Into The Oven Going Out Of Business Sale

Business By leily Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 7:38pm by sari66

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 32

I just got an email saying that Into The Oven is closing their doors after four years.

You can use coupon "Goodbye" to receive an extra 20% off.

I just loaded up my cart with quite a few pans and other essentials (and some fun stuff too!)

31 replies
leily Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 32

I also forgot to mention if anyone is looking for Dragees they still had quitea few when i checked about 1/2 hr ago.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 32

I looked in their website and it doesn't say anything about going out of business...??

leily Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

I looked in their website and it doesn't say anything about going out of business...??

\\

I didn't see anything on their shopping part of the website either, but the email came from them. The coupon code works, and there are also post about it in their forums.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 32

I also received the email....No it doesn't say that on their website but many items are discounted.

BlueBurd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueBurd Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 32

Woohoo! Finally an excuse to by some new "toys"! THANKS!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:56pm
post #7 of 32

You're right, I looked in their forums and there is a message that they are going out of business...that's too bad! icon_sad.gif so, their stuff is on sale or just the 20% off coupon??

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 32

Somewhere during this last year, as I have been so preoccupied with CC, I was dropped from their e mail list. I just logged in to see what might be available but could find neither coupon, nor discount prices. Do you have to wait till check out to see what may apply? I can ill afford full price at the moment, but could justify a good sale.

Babypickles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babypickles Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:48pm
post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmaid42

Somewhere during this last year, as I have been so preoccupied with CC, I was dropped from their e mail list. I just logged in to see what might be available but could find neither coupon, nor discount prices. Do you have to wait till check out to see what may apply? I can ill afford full price at the moment, but could justify a good sale.

I just went to their site and added several items to my cart and when I checked out there is a box that says something about coupon code or something to that effect and I typed in "Goodbye" and it gave me the discount. HTH

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:59pm
post #10 of 32

I'm sorry to hear that. I've done business with them in the past, and they were a pleasure to deal with. I hate seeing a good business go out.

Sugar-Coated Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar-Coated Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 10:00pm
post #11 of 32

Yep, just enter the coupon code in the box at checkout. I ended up with $30 off my order. Not bad for things I've been wanting to get anyway. They already had really great prices on some things. A lot of the things have been out of stock for over a year anyway, but what's left you can get a good deal on.

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 10:20pm
post #12 of 32

I'm so frustrated to hear this, I've been blessed enough to pick up my items in person. I was just on the phone with them last week getting orders lined up and they didn't mention anything about it. I will be sad to see them go, they are very friendly people. icon_sad.gif

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 11:31pm
post #13 of 32

This is the first time I hear of them. I just ordered colors for my airbrush and machine and saved $20.98. icon_smile.gif I like all the products they have online. It's sad their closing. icon_sad.gif

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 11:42pm
post #14 of 32

Sorry to hear they are closing. I have ordered from them several times. Their prices are very good and their customer service is excellent. Sad to hear this.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:12am
post #15 of 32

Whew! Just completed my order and what an ordeal. I had to re enter info 5 X and was really getting frustrated with internet ordering, (I've never had that problem before..just venting!) I am sorry to see them go out of business. I was sad when we lost Sweet Sensations or whatever it was several years ago.
Thanks for the heads up so I could get a few more things that I really didn't need! This really is an addiction.

gsbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gsbcakes Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 4:00pm
post #16 of 32

I have been trying to get on for hours and it just won't go. I am bummed because I put stuff in my cart yesterday to order today, but I guess I am not going to be able to get it. icon_sad.gif

Ivy383 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 4:21pm
post #17 of 32

I placed an order yesterday and it went thru ok. Now I can't access the website. I have tried a few times this morning. icon_sad.gif

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:24pm
post #18 of 32

I can't get to their web page it says "unable to connect"
anybody have the same problem?

nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:33pm
post #19 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbcakes

I have been trying to get on for hours and it just won't go. I am bummed because I put stuff in my cart yesterday to order today, but I guess I am not going to be able to get it. icon_sad.gif

me too! icon_cry.gif

Ivy383 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:33pm
post #20 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

I can't get to their web page it says "unable to connect"
anybody have the same problem?

I am having the same problem. I wanted to order more things today. I hope they can still process my previous order. icon_sad.gif

Does anyone have their costumer service phone number?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:36pm
post #21 of 32

looks like the server crashed.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:46pm
post #22 of 32

Yep, I've tried several times and no luck

leily Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 7:10pm
post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

looks like the server crashed.

this is my guess too. probably got a lot more traffic than they normally have so they'll have to fix it. keep trying every now and then to see if it's back up.

samona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samona Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 7:18pm
post #24 of 32

I contacted customer service and they said the site crashed. They should be back up in the morning

gsbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gsbcakes Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 7:28pm
post #25 of 32

Hi! I emailed them and this is the response I got!!!

No but we are experiencing some technical difficulties. I think we had an overload of traffic from the going out of business sale. I'm hoping we'll be back up tomorrow, we have some guys working on it.

Thank you for your patience,
[email protected]

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:38pm
post #26 of 32

It's back up everyone....but..if you already placed an order, like I did yesterday, then it won't let you place another order with that coupon code....
Kristy

leily Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 3:01am
post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKristy

It's back up everyone....but..if you already placed an order, like I did yesterday, then it won't let you place another order with that coupon code....
Kristy

Oh good to know!

iwantalicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iwantalicakes Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 7:42pm
post #28 of 32

I was just on there and they are sold out of most of the popular items

Ivy383 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 12:56am
post #29 of 32

I just received my order from them today. Can't wait to get home and open the box! lol icon_biggrin.gif

Ivy383 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 7:58pm
post #30 of 32

I just tried to place an order and I was not able to. It does not give me the shipping or payment options. Is anyone else having this problem? detective.gificon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%