Shilouette Help

Decorating By cake4baby Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 12:38pm by Lee15

cake4baby Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to replicate a clients favorite shirt.
Thus the cake being in the shape of a T Shirt with this image on it.

At first I was thinking icing transfer, but the cake will be too small to get good detail with icing (only serving 30)
My next thought was a photo image, but the customer wants red fondant, everything I read about images implies they are to be put on white only as the image is printed on a white icing sheet.
I cant see my self freehanding this...

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance!

3 replies
bisbqueenb Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 3:39am
post #2 of 4

Attach the photo image to white fondant/gumpaste and then add it to the red shirt. Make the white thick enough so the red color does not show thru. Trim around the photo image as close as possible, or you could also give it an even white edge/border.

cake4baby Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 4:42am
post #3 of 4

She really wants the red to show through, that is my issue, she would really like to match as identical as i can get it.
So no white on thecake at all....

So I have been searching for additional alternatives that could possibly give the results she is after.

Possibly very carefully cutting the image from cardstock to use as a template to cut from gumpaste? But its quite intricate to cut so small...

I also have been reading on cocoa painting, seems much more fesible as an option, but dont know if I can paint on fondant? Or if I can tint the cocoa paint black?

I will def. keep searching ...

Lee15 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 4

How about printing it out - it will have the red background. Roll gumpaste or a mixture of fondant/gumpaste very thin, apply the image to it and then use an exacto knife and cut around the image. Let it dry and then you can apply it to the cake. If you do this ahead of time, you can then color match the red of the image to the color of your cake.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%