Can't Find Cake Raven's Red Velvet Receipe.. Please Help

Baking By marion123 Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 8:50pm by RubiPumps

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 9

Hello.. I can not find the Cake Raven's red velvet receipe on the website any more .. HELP!!!
Does anyone have a copy of it, I can have? Thanks so much!!

8 replies
susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 9

I don't have it, b/c I made it once, and hated it.........but just do a google search for Cakeman Raven and you should find it with no problem.......

moonbabel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moonbabel Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 9

i just enter "cake man raven red velvet cake" into google and it comes up on loads of different sites
HTH

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 9

here is what I found on google! well one of the many links icon_smile.gif
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sara-moulton/southern-red-velvet-cake-recipe/index.html

What/who is CAKE MAN RAVEN? icon_confused.gif
- h

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyscakes

He's THE man for Red Velvet cake supposedly. icon_smile.gif I don't think I'd heard of him until I saw him challenged on Bobby Flay's Throwdown show. I don't recall who won. icon_smile.gif

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:18pm
post #7 of 9

This is his (It is Cake Man Raven)-I didn't like his frosting though, so I didn't save the recipe for that sorry.

Red Velvet Cake Makes 1 (3-layer) 9-inch cake
Cake:
Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
2½ cups cake flour (11 ounces), plus extra for flouring pans
1½ cups granulated sugar (10.5 ounces)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon fine salt
2 teaspoons natural cocoa powder*
1½ cups canola oil
1 cup buttermilk, brought to room temperature
2 large eggs, brought to room temperature
2 tablespoons liquid red food coloring (1 ounce)
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Special Equipment:
3 (9 x 1½-inch) cake pans; parchment paper
For the Cake: Preheat the oven to 350 F; position a rack in the center of the oven.
Generously spray the cake pans with cooking spray and cover the pan bottoms with parchment paper rounds. Spray the rounds and dust the cake pans with flour; tap out the excess and set aside until needed.
1. Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder into the bowl of an electric stand mixer; set aside.
2. In a separate mixing bowl or large liquid measuring cup with a pouring spout, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla extract.
3. A true Southern classic, this red-tinged cake with creamy white icing is instantly recognizable. Today most bakers use red food coloring, but it is thought that the color may have originally been caused by the acidic vinegar and buttermilk reacting with cocoa powder and causing a reddish hue. Regardless of the source of the color, this well-loved cake is undeniably delicious.

Attach the paddle attachment to the stand mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Increase the speed to medium and mix until well combined and smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Divide the cake batter evenly among the prepared cake pans. (Note: There will only be a small amount of batter in each pan.) Place the pans in the oven, spacing them evenly apart. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through the cooking time, until the cakes pull away from the sides of the pans and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 22 to 25 minutes. Do not over cook.
5. Remove the cakes from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Run a thin-bladed knife around the edges to loosen the cakes from the sides of the pans. One at a time, invert the cakes onto a plate, then re-invert them onto the cooling rack, rounded-side up. Let cool completely.

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:53pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarks0

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyscakes

He's THE man for Red Velvet cake supposedly. icon_smile.gif I don't think I'd heard of him until I saw him challenged on Bobby Flay's Throwdown show. I don't recall who won. icon_smile.gif

ah Ok THANKS!
I dont watch TV so I didnt even know icon_smile.gif
we learn something new every day! icon_rolleyes.gif
- h icon_biggrin.gif

RubiPumps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RubiPumps Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:50pm
post #9 of 9

MMMM! I just made this as cupcakes this afternoon. My favorite RV recipe. He did one of FNs 1st cake challenges. It was for an engagement cake. So YUMMY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%