Texas Heat And Fondant Shipping

Decorating By girlinthekitchen Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 6:43pm by sillywabbitz

girlinthekitchen Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 3

Hoping that some of my fellow Texas cake friends can help...so Global Sugar is having a sale on Satin Ice and I wanted to take this opportunity to buy some colors to try them out. I am worried about the shipping...it is soooooo hot here right now and I'm not sure where they ship from but I'm worried about them being out in the heat on a truck and such. I am a stay at home mom so I will be home when they get here but from them to my house I'm worried. Has anyone had troubles with the fondant spoiling due to the heat if they have had them shipped? I live in the Dallas area if anyone knows of where I can purchase the colored fondant (not black or red) in person that would be even better! Thanks!

2 replies
Kimmers971 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 3

They ship from NY and is usually delivered by UPS. If you're home all day then you shouldn't have any problems with the product due to heat. I'd just let it come to room temp in your a/c house.

sillywabbitz Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 3

I live in Dallas as well and you can purchase almost any color at the Sale Place
http://www.thesaleplace.com/ . It's east of Dallas, but it's worth the drive. I think it was $19 for 2lb of a colored fondant. But with shipping, I'm sure you'd be paying that anyway.

And since you said not Black and Red that means you've been to Cake Carousel. In Plano, Cakes Amore carries small batches of certain colors. But it's like a single lb at a time maybe. I'd call them and see if they have the colors you need.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%