To All Nj Residents - Re: Nj Home Bakers Petition

Decorating By Sugar_Plum_Fairy Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 6:01pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 9

Hi.

I just wanted to remind everyone that we're still trying to get to 1,000 signatures. Right now we're currently at 970. I think it's pretty sad that it's taken over a year to get to this point (the petition was online beginning on May 4, 2009!). I don't think we're going to be taken too seriously with only 1,000 signatures that took 15 or 16 months to get for the whole state of NJ, but I'm still willing to try.

Please, if you haven't signed, or you know of anyone else who's of legal age and living in the state of NJ, please sign or ask them to sign. All you have to do is Google: NJ Home Bakers Law to get to the petition then type in your name and the town in which you reside (or county).

Thanks for any and all help.

And for those who've already signed, it's greatly appreciated and, as you can see, we haven't forgotten.

-Grace and Stephanie

P.S. Just a reminder since it's been so long: when we get the required number of signatures I will be printing them out (having them printed out by the hosting company), and will be mailing them to each of the NJ reps (both Senators and Assemblypeople).

8 replies
NJCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakeDiva Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 9

Hi Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Funny that you posted this today. I was trying to find the original thread a few weeks ago. When I checked the website, I noticed we (NJ) had not reached 1,000 signatures. I thought that we were going to have to start over because it has been so long.

Glad to know that someone in NJ is still rooting for the bakers ( I signed last year). I will pass on the word to help get more signatures.

Thank you and all the others from CC for all your hard work and information last year. It did not go unnoticed thumbs_up.gif

GlassJoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GlassJoe Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 9

I just signed it, I'll pass it along to anyone that I know in NJ and see if I can get more signatures.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:51am
post #4 of 9

Thank you, both. Hopefully we'll get our 1,000 signatures soon.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 2:27am
post #5 of 9

I posted it on Facebook to get the word out. . . .thanks Grace!

Jos1113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jos1113 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 9

We hit the 1000th mark, yah! So what will be done from here?

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 7:04pm
post #7 of 9

I am from NJ living in Fl now, but I will pass the info along to all of my Jersey friends and have them sign...thank youicon_smile.gif

Jos1113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jos1113 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 7:15pm
post #8 of 9

Below is the email I just received from Sen. Bateman's office:

Senate Bill 2908 which permits sale of home-baked goods under certain circumstances was sponsored by Senator Karrow who is no longer a state Senator. Because of that, the bill was not re-introduced in this session for 2010. You may want to contact your Legislator to see if they would re-introduce the bill.

Deb Joren

Aide to Senator Kip Bateman

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 6:01pm
post #9 of 9

Please see this post for the latest update (before you get too excited, it's not much of anything, but it is the most recent information to date - Jan. 2011) - http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-7031263-.html#7031263.

Thanks.
-Grace

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%