Help!

Decorating By pag41989 Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 5:07pm by cakecraft

pag41989 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 5

I just got set up for my largest cake order yet and I am so nervous. It is for some very important people that work at the state department that my husband works for and they need this cake by monday. They want a round two tiered cake in blue and white with the health care symbol on it (the swirling snakes around the staff.. can't think of the name icon_sad.gif ). They plan on emailing me a picture later so I don't have an attachment right now. Will 2 tiers be enough to serve 40 people? Also, what size pans should I use, any other suggestions? I have never made a two tiered cake before and I am super nervous!

4 replies
katibeth88 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 5

Most of my cakes are 2 tier. I use 2 layers of 12 in. pan and 2 layers of 8 in. pan. Each layer ends up being about 3-4 inches tall. My family has never been one to cut slices to "standard sizes" icon_smile.gif And these cakes are usually plenty to feed ALL of us. My sister and I made one this size for my nephew's first birthday and there were about 50 in attendance and we had cake left over.
Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

PiccoloChellie Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 5

A 9 and a 6 will give you 44 servings.
A 10 and a 6 will give you 50 servings.

Here's a video on how to stack a cake by CC's very own Edna (whose other videos rock just as hard)

You'll do just fine. thumbs_up.gif

missmikey Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 5

not helpful but the symbol you are talking about is called a caduceus.

cakecraft Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pag41989

with the health care symbol on it (the swirling snakes around the staff.. can't think of the name icon_sad.gif ).

Caduceus.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%