First Wilton Class Last Night

Decorating By tg1979 Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 6:55pm by kansaslaura

tg1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tg1979 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 17

Well, I started my crazy adventure in cake decorating last night. The class was pretty informative. We covered the basics of course, I nailed the shell border, but the icing provided was too soft (instructor left it in her car a bit too long) and my ribbon roses turned out pretty poor... going to practice at home with my own icing! It's official... I'm hooked!

16 replies
Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 17

Congrats on your first class, and welcome to the world of cake decorating! (hope it was fun, and glad to hear that you're hooked already!)

kater82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kater82 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 17

I am afraid... once you start... YOU CANT STOP!!

Babypickles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babypickles Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 17

It is a LOT of fun! I start my first night of Course 3 tonight and am super excited. Seems like once we get started it is hard to think of much else. icon_surprised.gif) CC is the best thing since sliced bread and the people on here are a plethora of information and it is so much fun to read and learn. Welcome a-board!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 17

You are on your way. This site is so addictive. Welcome to cake world!!!

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:23pm
post #6 of 17

Congrats icon_smile.gif

Welcome to the dark side *mwahahahaa*

MizRed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MizRed Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 17

Be sure to post your first creation in the "First Time Cakes" gallery! icon_lol.gif

Monirr04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monirr04 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:35pm
post #8 of 17

Welcome to the investment of cake decorating! I started out just taking 1 class cause it looked like fun....I have finished all the Wilton classes, have taken to searching the web for other training and now need a POD to store all my cake stuff! icon_smile.gif But it is still SSSSOOOOOOOOOO much fun!

Congrats on your first day!

Babypickles Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:51pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monirr04

Welcome to the investment of cake decorating! I started out just taking 1 class cause it looked like fun....I have finished all the Wilton classes, have taken to searching the web for other training and now need a POD to store all my cake stuff! icon_smile.gif But it is still SSSSOOOOOOOOOO much fun!

Congrats on your first day!

My husband always teases me that I need two men and a truck just to carry all my stuff to my 'cake' class. LOL I never knew it was going to be so addicting!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 2:08am
post #10 of 17

TG-

Welcome. This forum will be addictive. The members here are helpful if you have a question or need more information on any cake related questions.

Have fun!

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 2:19am
post #11 of 17

That is so cool! Glad you had fun, I loved those classes and learned so much! Can't wait to see your cakes! icon_biggrin.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 2:39am
post #12 of 17

Once upon a time, not so very long ago, there was a retired auntie to three great kids. She was bored. One day she came upon a coupon for 60% off in a craft store. "What a find, she thought; what can I purchase with this wonderful coupon?" After looking and looking, she found a 50 pc Cake Decorating Caddy & Tools. Clapping her little hands in glee, she thought: "Surely, that is everything I'll ever need! Now I can make all the most wonderfulest cakes in the world for my 3 little people!"

As time went by, the auntie learned of a class called Wilton. She knew the first course would teach "everything I'll ever need to make all the most wonderfulest cakes in the world".

But the wicked cake genie had other plans for the auntie.....(and all her hidden gold...). When the auntie was not looking, she was struck with the dreaded 'fondant wand'!!!!

Now the poor auntie has no more space in her home and no more hidden gold....

BEWARE THE FONDANT WAND!

Babypickles Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 2:48am
post #13 of 17

Too funny! Had my first fondant class tonight. I hope practice makes perfect because I did not think I did very well but it was still fun! I will watch out for the fondant wand! LOL

SBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SBaker Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 3:01am
post #14 of 17

everyone has said how addicting this craft is.....it is. There is so much to learn and know....and the people are soooo helpful and will let you know all of their "tricks". Does it get any better than this?

tg1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tg1979 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:30pm
post #15 of 17

Thanks everybody! I can't wait to do my first cake. I'm sure it will have a... well let's just say... INTERESTING look to it, lol.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:46pm
post #16 of 17

Congrats! A little while ago, I was nothing but a yard sale shopper who stumbled across a brand new set of Wilton tips and a whole load of other supplies. Never being able to pass up a good bargain, I bought the whole $128.00 set (price tags still on them) for $11.00!!!!
What a great find I thought and grabbed it.....only problem was in order to make myself feel good about spending the money I had to sign up for the Wilton class.
Now I can't stop!!!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:55pm
post #17 of 17

Welcome to the sweet side, tg!

And Apti.. love the story--sounds VERRYYY familiar!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%