Hello, I Need Help About Price, Thank You

Decorating By Cristi-Tutty Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 3:23pm by CWR41

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 7

How much would you charge for a cake like this?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1762410

I bake only for my family so I have no idea about prices.

Any help will be appreciated!! thumbs_up.gif

Thank you!!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
illustreeous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illustreeous Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 7

When I bake for family I just charge them the cost of materials including eggs, flour, sugar ( items I already have & broken down to the $ ) If this would be a cilent's cake I would charge upwards to 150+ with the pulled sugar details and the heavier fondant use. You have to adjust your prices to your area.. I live in southern california so our area is saturated with all kinds of pricing levels! goodluck! hth

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 7

I wouldn't charge because it is from Harry Potter and i'm sure everything having to do with Harry Potter is copyright/trademarked.

As for figuring prices, you'll first need to know how much your supplies cost you, then you'll need to determine how much you want to make per hour, then how much profit you want to make.

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 7

I do not sale cakes.. I just wanted to have an idea of how much a cake like this will cost.

Thank you for your suggestions

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 7

Well, unless you have a copyright release that cake won't cost anything because you can't sell it to anyone.

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 7

You should check around in your area and figure out what carved cakes that size are selling for. Cost varies depending on where you are and how many people the cake serves.

Oh, and btw, harry potter is copyrighted. Just thought I'd mention it in case no one else did. Oh, wait.............. icon_rolleyes.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 3:23pm
post #7 of 7

From what I've read, you can't sell cakes in Florida without having a licensed kitchen... so, HP or not, it's a no-no!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%