Need Help: Freezing Finished Decorated Petit Fours

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 4:23am by dguerrant

Pebbles1727 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:08am
post #1 of 2

Ok everyone, I need help. I have a client who wants some petit fours/miniture cakes for French themed birthday party for 9 year old twins. I originally told her that I cannot commit to doing that since it's cutting too close to my due date and there was a possibility that i'l be unavailable. She called me a day later and wants me to go ahead and do them now and she will take responsibility for freezing them and then defrosting them for the event. I never freeze cakes of any kind, so have no experience with that. Is it even possible? Petit fours would have to be totally decorated and finished. Anyone tried that? I normally do fondant decorations, so how would I minimize the risk of them either getting broken in the freezer or melting after defrosting? Any safe decorations? Any idea if petit fours themselves can undergo this? Does the covering need to be something different?
Please help, I'll take any advice or any experience you can offer.
Thanks in advance, P

1 reply
dguerrant Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 4:23am
post #2 of 2

Well if mom wants them so bad, i would suggest simply covering them and making the decorations out of fondant/royal icing and NOT put them on until the day of the party. i would package them and have the mom place them on the tops, maybe you can do a sample one for her to see. This way the petit fours are simple and can be frozen easily. pulled out the night before and put in the fridge, cuts down on condensation, then taken out of the fridge before the party and decorated. If she wants them so bad, she shouldn't have a problem sticking the decorations on herself, that way they look beautifulicon_smile.gif Best of luck thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%