Blossom Cutter & Press - How To Keep The Cone Shape

Decorating By PoodleDoodle Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 2:10am by JenniferMI

PoodleDoodle Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 10

I recently purchased the blossom set but I can't get it to hold the cone shape.

See SugarShack's cake to see what I'm looking for.


9 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 10

This is done with the lily nail...They are probably royal icing flowers.You learn to make these in Wiltons course 2 I of the courses anyways!!!

All4Show Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 10

These are made with a five petal cutter and a silicon flower press. If you have any flower former or just left over cleaned egg cartons, just set each individual flower in the individual egg cups and let them dry and they will hold their shape. Then you can also put your petal dust on them while they are setting in the egg carton.

Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 10

Yeah..I see what you mean now....All4show is correct..but you can also use the lily nail too.

All4Show Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 10

I guess I always make a ton of them at a time so I find it more practical for me to use the egg cartons. Practical = Cheaper. That's me; a penny pincher.

sugarshack Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 6:18am
post #6 of 10

You can also do this: take a small piece of foil and lay it in the former, then press the top on. take that piece of foil out the former and lay on something like crinkled foil... anything to support it upright. Then after you make the flowers and press them in the 2 sided former, transfer the flower to the foil "former" and let it dry there. It will then dry in the shape of the silicone former.

I hope that made sense.

PoodleDoodle Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:12pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks Sharon. You are the BEST!

JenniferMI Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 5:52pm
post #8 of 10

I love using the small kiss former to shape these. It shapes them perfectly....there are several cavities on a sheet, too.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

PoodleDoodle Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 8:37pm
post #9 of 10

JennoferMI - care to elaborate on these Kiss Formers. Is it a chocolate kiss mold?

JenniferMI Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 2:10am
post #10 of 10

This is a former mold. They look like little hersey kisses. PM me if you want to know where you can get it. 3.00 each.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%