Wired-Gumpaste Flowers Question

Decorating By careylynn Updated 4 Aug 2010 , 10:08pm by careylynn

careylynn Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 5

I just did my first "real" flower, a peony. I think it turned out pretty good for my first, but I have a question for ya guys. Ok, I wired each petal, let dry,dusted with petal dust, then put together with floral tape. My problem is this, the bigger petals don't want to stay in place. Is there a trick to getting the petals to stay put? Or is this the way they are supposed to be? I'm attaching the picture, please give me any advice that would help make it look more real. I haven't taken any classes so I don't know the secrets, if there is any to perfect flowers!!! Thanks in advance.

4 replies
careylynn Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 5

ok, it didn't attach a pic. here it is
LL

KTB4 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 5

That looks amazing! I have no advice for you since I'm fighting with hibiscus flowers and am wondering the same thing. However, you seem to have gotten farther than me - I can't get the tape to really hold the petals together at all icon_sad.gif

DianeLM Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 5

Did you happen to tape them all together at once? You'll have better control if you tape them together in layers or one at a time.

careylynn Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 5

Yea, I taped them one at a time. Would a stronger wire help? I used 20 gauge for the petals.its almost like the gumpaste is too heavy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%