Help - Airbrush Machine

Decorating By TickeyT Updated 8 Aug 2010 , 11:52pm by GGx1

TickeyT Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 8

Hi All,

I am looking to purchase an air brush machine. Can I use any airbrush machine from Pearl Art Supplies and just use the edible paint colors. Or do I have to purchase one from a cake decorating supply site, which cost extremely more $$$

7 replies
cfp8 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 8

Thank you for asking this. I'm wondering the same thing, so any responses would be greatly appreciated.

tesso Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 8

I recommend going to tcpglobal and checking them out. http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/airb9.aspx

You need to make sure the airbrush machine is food safe.

malene541 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 8

My machine is from a hobby shop/toy shop. My Dad bought it for me as a gift. I've never used anything with it but edible colors. I then bought a small "donut" air compressor with a regulator so I could control the PSI. My whole system cost about $300. I agree that it's a little pricey but I didn't pay for it icon_wink.gif and every single piece is metal so I love that I will/should never have to replace it.
But, yes, you can get a airbrush machine that isn't from a cake site.

TickeyT Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks so much!

11cupcakes Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 10:20pm
post #6 of 8

Cake decorating airbrush system with a set of americolor colors cost 129.99 at amazon. And you can find multi purpose airbrush for 79.99

sebrina Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 11:34pm
post #7 of 8

I just got one for my bday. Do you have to by special food colors to use of can I just water down the colors I normally use? icon_confused.gif I have looked for special food color but no one around me seems to sell anything other that what I already use?

GGx1 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 11:52pm
post #8 of 8

I got one from Harbor Freight for my birthday with a compressor for less than $100. I use vodka and add my gel colors. Hubby cut the side off a big box so I can spray inside the box so the over spray dos not get every where. I keep any left over color in a small plastic bottle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%