Fabulous Cakes -Tlc

Lounge By Peanut1027 Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 12:07am by cakeschmake

Peanut1027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peanut1027 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 18

What does everyone think about Fabulous Cakes Mondays on TLC? I'm not a profeesional and I love how things are explained. Also, that they highlight different city's and shops. I can't wait to watch every week!

17 replies
kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 18

I love it!!

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 18

Blessings

Unfortunately didn't get to see a complete episode, but what I got to see I loved.

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 18

I love the California episode. They should one my favorite cake studio website blogs www.sweetandsaucy.com

I hope to visit the cake studio in Long Beach when I am in San diego.

I like the show because it gives, the price of cake, and shows how the they decorate the cake.

Another cake show to check out is the Battle of the Wedding Wars, and Amazing wedding cakes.

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 18

I like it too. Especially because they do the prices on there. Did anyone notice on the So Cal episode that the one girl said she was selling from her home before opening a business a years ago? I think I heard her right...can't believe she would admit that since it's majorly illegal in CA.

Maybe I heard her wrong...

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 6:27pm
post #6 of 18

I love it too!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Kpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kpow Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 7:18pm
post #7 of 18

Love it! To me, it's by far the best cake show on TV. It shows exactly how the cakes are created and decorated, with great detail, and no trumped up drama or silly, coached dialogue. How I wish most of the other shows could be more like this one!

Rebealuvsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebealuvsweets Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 7:24pm
post #8 of 18

I also luv that show too!!!I live in Cali and want to go to Sweet and Saucy also...Her cakes and desserts look awesome!!!! Looked at her blog last nite, and she does some amazing work. She also does some photography...I wanted to go to her shop, when they first opened up. Hubby told me it was to far to go... icon_sad.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 7:32pm
post #9 of 18

I have to say I love this show! Like others have said, no hopped up drama. Just simply how much work and energy that goes into making cakes and delivering them. It gives you great tips, awesome designs, and different decorators every episode. LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE ITTTT!!!
I have to say its quickly become my most favorite taking over Ace of Cakes and Amazing Cakes. I do love the other two because their funny but I like this one more for some reason.
And has anyone noticed that Ace of Cakes needs a few cases of Visene!! I know a few of them looked pretty b

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 7:33pm
post #10 of 18

oops hit enter! Baked (no pun intended!)

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 7:51pm
post #11 of 18

I'm really enjoying the show as well. there have been a few different threads over the past couple of weeks regarding the show, and it seems the general consensus is that it far outranks the likes of other new shows (DC Cupcakes, Cupcake Wars, etc. --which most of us agreed we can't stand..) It is so refreshing to have a show that depicts how much TIME goes into crafting a cake! Personally, this past week has been my overall favorite for that very reason.

Kpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kpow Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 8:02pm
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

It is so refreshing to have a show that depicts how much TIME goes into crafting a cake! Personally, this past week has been my overall favorite for that very reason.

How much time goes into it, and how much money they actually cost! Both are hugely important for the public to realize!

Carmen500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carmen500 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 8:09pm
post #13 of 18

I love it too!

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 8:29pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

I'm really enjoying the show as well. there have been a few different threads over the past couple of weeks regarding the show, and it seems the general consensus is that it far outranks the likes of other new shows (DC Cupcakes, Cupcake Wars, etc. --which most of us agreed we can't stand..) It is so refreshing to have a show that depicts how much TIME goes into crafting a cake! Personally, this past week has been my overall favorite for that very reason.

Ditto!! thumbs_up.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:33pm
post #15 of 18

I love the show too! It's real as real can be! The other shows don't go into detail about the cakes, I think that's why I love this one! Hopefully it will keep airing! We all know there are tons of cake artist's in the US! They have lots of places to go & film!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 3:27pm
post #16 of 18

I love Fablous Cakes.

The California episode featured one of my favorite cake blogs. I hope to visit the cake studio in the near future.

www.mysweetandsaucy.com

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 5:33pm
post #17 of 18

I like the show but I also kind of find it, well, boring. The narrator can put me to sleep for sure!

I enjoy seeing the techniques and appreciate that they emphasis the cost and time.

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 12:07am
post #18 of 18

I really love this show! I'm with all of you who appreciate that they mention just how expensive these cakes really are.

What I did notice is there is still the aspect of meeting the client to discuss the cake (due in two days) so they run to the kitchen and get started right away!!!! I don't know about the bakeries featured but that is not usually how things are done, right. You are taking that order weeks and weeks ahead of time!

Also I noticed a young female baker carrying a huge 4 or 5 tier cake a little too easily. She was my size so I found it a little odd that she was able to lift all that weight so effortlessly!

But to finally have a show that details more of the actual work that goes into the cakes is great! I love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%