How To Cover Bucket? (Beer Bottle Cake)

Decorating By mj0628 Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 12:56am by Jayde

mj0628 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 11:03am
post #1 of 4

I'm a newbie and I know this question is a bit silly. icon_redface.gif I would appreciate it very much if someone can share me how did they cover their bucket (the basic silver design) like this?

Do you cover it from top to bottom, like the usual way or you just cover it on the sides and then just add the sugar bottles and ice?

I'm quite confused.... I hope someone can enlighten me a little bit. PLEASE???!!! Thanks in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
ibmoser Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 4

I am far from expert, but I'll share my experiences. I have Debbie Brown's book, Party Cakes, and she just wraps the sides. i tried that, and, with the heat and humidity here, my wrap sagged a bit as it settled. I had better results covering the entire shape like a normal cake and adding a rim around the top anc bottom edges. Having the fondant over the top gave much more support to the sides. There are some gorgeous bucket-type cakes here on CC - maybe some of the creators will chime in....

mj0628 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 12:06am
post #3 of 4

Hi Ibmoser, Thanks so much for the response! Will start working on my cake today. Hope it will look as good as the others' work here at CC.

Jayde Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 12:56am
post #4 of 4

Mine is in my photos.

I covered mine in white fondant and then dried planks of fondant with a bit of tylose to help with the drying. I glued them to the sides with RI once they were dry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%