Thank You Cc'ers! It's Because Of Y'all....

Decorating By KakesbyKris Updated 4 Aug 2010 , 12:05pm by Peanut1027

KakesbyKris Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 3:35am
post #1 of 6

Thank you to all who responded to my many questions the past few weeks, from SPS to petal dust. I completed my first major event cake.

It was not without incidence. At the last minute it went from a 3 tier to a 2 tier. When I pulled the middle tier out of the fridge to decorate it had a crack through the middle. I had no time to bake another. Luckily I was making way more than they needed. They were going to use the extra to serve at a luncheon for the out-of-town guests the next day. So I just turned the middle into cake balls. They thought that worked out even better than having a leftover tier to take home and serve.

I had issues with the stencil. Certainly a learning curve there!

But I am happy with the way the flowers turned out.

AND.......

The venue had had a wedding earlier in the day and when I brought my cake in they said that there was no comparison in whose looked better. I then got a call from the owner who said that the staff couldn't help themselves and had a piece and it was delicious. Would I bring in some business cards so they could recommend me to their clients!

Thank you CakeCentral! I am so happy I found this place! icon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL
LL

5 replies
susieqhomemaker Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 3:40am
post #2 of 6

Wow! Very beautiful! Congrats on getting some connections for referrals!

cupcake_cutie Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 3:40am
post #3 of 6

Wow! Beautif!ul cake. Congratulations on completing your first event cake and pleasing the customers. icon_smile.gif

jjkarm Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 3:43am
post #4 of 6

Wow! it's gorgeous. icon_surprised.gif

Sweet_Guys Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 11:28am
post #5 of 6

Very nice work....Your efforts certainly paid off with the call back!

Paul

Peanut1027 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 12:05pm
post #6 of 6

Nice job thumbs_up.gif That's great they you will be getting referrals.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%