Need Idea For Pretty 1 Tiered Cake With Carnations?

Decorating By jenniboo Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 12:13am by ClassyCat

jenniboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniboo Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 5

I am just learning to make gumpaste carnations and I'm so proud of my newfound talent. icon_smile.gif I want to take a cake to work, as my co-workers are always interested in my latest cake decorating techniques. However, I work with a bunch of women and half of them are usually on diets. haha So....I need to make a pretty design that is only 1 tier. I have a good idea for a 2 tiered cake, but 2 tiers will never be eaten. Any ideas on how to make a pretty, buttercream covered, modern looking 8" round to showcake my gumpaste carnations?
TIA for ideas. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 2:54am
post #2 of 5

I often run into that problem-no excuse to make a tiered! What about a flower pot cake with the carnations in the pot? There are some good tutorials and it doesn,t look that tough. You wouldn't have too much cake that way. Or you can do a 9X11 , put flowers in the corners and some simple scroll work or stencils. Please post pic!

jenniboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniboo Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 5

cakesrock, Thanks for the idea! I wish I had returned to read this before I put a cake in the oven. haha My mother in law gave me a giant cupcake pan a couple of weeks ago and I haven't used it yet, so I am baking it now. I'm going to figure out some way to incorporate the carnations as a decoration for the giant cupcake. But, I do love those flower pot cakes that you mentioned! I will definitely put this on my to-do list. icon_smile.gif

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 5

Use the bottom of the "cupcake" as your flower pot. The top part can be frozen and saved for snacking, or just frosted and used for snacking by the family.

ClassyCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyCat Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 12:13am
post #5 of 5

I agree with Gingoodies.... cut off the top of the cupcake and use the bottom as a flower pot. Have fun showing off your newfound talents with your co-workers. A bit of appreciation for all your hard work can go a long way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%