Have I Lost My Mind????????

Decorating By KayMc Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 10:28pm by Btrfly578

KayMc Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 8

I have made a connection with a wonderful professional cake baker/decorator. She has been a past president of ICES, and is still very active in it. She's also very active in a local cake club. She has invited me to a picnic at her house that the local cake club is having in August. She asked me to sign up for a food, and I decided to bring a cake! Have I lost my mind????? These people are all experienced pro's, and I"m a newbie hobbyist. And I sign up to bring a cake?????????????????? I'm not going to decorate one, as it's an informal picnic, PLUS I don't have the guts. It's to be a chocolate cake w/ peanut butter frosting (12" round). On top I plan to put a perimeter of finely chopped Reese's peanut butter cups. Is this insanity?

7 replies
online_annie Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 8

Isn't there a little bit of insanity in every cake decorator??!! Relax and have fun!

Dayti Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 8

I say go for it and don't panic! I'm sure it will be delicious and they will love it.
Your story made me laugh because I bet that's just the sort of thing lots of us would do (well I would anyway!), jumping in feet first icon_lol.gif

KayMc Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the encouragement! I figure I know I usually make a deliscious cake, and since there's no decorating involved, it should be ok?????????????? icon_rolleyes.gif

luddroth Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 8

I think you can relax. You can be sure that the cake club members all really LOVE cake! It will be delicious.

sweettreat101 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:26pm
post #6 of 8

If you didn't specify what kind then bring a cheesecake. That would set you apart from a decorated cake.

erincc Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 10:18pm
post #7 of 8

Your idea to bring a delicious dessert-type cake rather than a decorated cake is a good one. Probably those people are so sick of regular cake they wouldn't eat a fancy decorated one anyway! I think cheesecake would be a good idea as well. Have fun!

Btrfly578 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 10:28pm
post #8 of 8

Doesn't sound insane at all. However, the cake sounds YUMMY!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%