Best Free Website Maker?

Business By catlharper Updated 7 Aug 2010 , 12:55am by catlharper

catlharper Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 8

Ok, it's time I admitted that old HTML is just not going to cut it and need to update my website. I know that there are a bunch of free makers out there...what do YOU recommend?

7 replies
catlharper Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 2:34am
post #2 of 8

Giving myself a bump...hoping to get some recommendations

blessedist Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 2:41am
post #3 of 8

wix and weebly

leah_s Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 3:25am
post #4 of 8

Whoever you're using for hosting generally will offer hundreds of templates.

beesweetcakes Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 7:15am
post #5 of 8

I use It's free for the first month and then it starts at $4.99 per month. The price goes up if you want more features. I know you wanted something free but you may want to try this and see if you like them.

Sweet_Guys Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 11:19am
post #6 of 8

Try Microsoft's OfficeLive...We just switched this past weekend...Although they have template pages, it's a lot like working within a Word document...All the features like copy/paste, insert, changing font sizes and shading, etc. are very similar if not the same.

You can check ours out at

Paul and Peter

shugamomma79 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 7:25pm
post #7 of 8

I have mine through, but I have not figured out how to get my own domain name yet! icon_biggrin.gif

catlharper Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:55am
post #8 of 8

Once again, Leah was the voice of reason. I had not even thought to look for website design tools on my own domain provider and yup, sure enough there they were and tho' it's been a learning curve I should be able to put up the new site by the 15th...THANK YOU!

Quote by @%username% on %date%