Looking For Good Icing Recipe

Baking By IrishTorte Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 7:02pm by sillywabbitz

IrishTorte Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 3

I have a cake that needs to be ready in 5 days. I'm looking for a good buttercream recipe. The one I currently use is 2 sticks butter (because i cannot stand the greasiness of the crisco) 4 cups pow'd sugar, vanilla and water. I'm looking for a recipe that might be a little in between whipped cream frosting and butter cream. The butter cream just has a tendency to get a little thick and sweet and I'm not sure that it's just as simple as adding a touch of salt to tame the sweetness. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I also need it to be able to crust over so I can smooth it.. I'm at a loss... icon_cry.gif

I'm looking for something without crisco... or lard

2 replies
MommaDukes Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 3

Indydeb's recipe by far is THE VERY BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
click on the recipe tab and type in indydeb.

sillywabbitz Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 3

In the recipe section the 2 most popular buttercreams are Indeby's Buttercream which uses DreamWhip which adds a nice flavor, closer to that whipped cream I think.

Sugarshack's is also a huge hit. I have used both. With sugar shack's I use the Italian Cream flavored coffee creamer and it gives it nice rich flavor.

For SugarShacks go to the recipe section and search because people have posted different recipes based on the size of your mixer. Her's is a double batch but you can freeze the extra. Works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%