Help! Cream Cheese Filling In Wedding Cake

Decorating By mazdamoose Updated 4 Aug 2010 , 4:18am by sweettreat101

mazdamoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mazdamoose Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 9

So, I have a bride who wants white cake with cream cheese filling. However, the cream cheese filling I usually use is the one out of the sleeve because I know it doesn't have to be refrigerated. I don't think that combination is going to taste very well, because I really don't care for cream cheese out of the sleeve!! I've looked through the forums but have had a hard time finding non-refrigerated cream cheese fillings!! Anyone out there know of one?! What do you guys use in wedding cakes that you will be making the day before and not refrigerating?! ANY help would be so appreciated!!

8 replies
jesusfan10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesusfan10 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 9

you could try cream cheese icing. it comes in a container just like any other store bought icing. i'm not sure about whether or not you have to refridgerate it though. but i have used that as filling many times.

Rach80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rach80 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 9

The only one I know of is the sleeve filling. I would let her know that it's not in your opinion going to taste as good as it could with maybe a yellow cake instead. See if that helps her change her mind. If not then I say you have her sign a contract and bake what she wants, even if it doesn't taste good to you.

tcwheeler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcwheeler Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 9

Just an idea...no experience with it. What about using a cream cheese icing (not in can) as the filling? One that you would use to ice a cake.

mazdamoose Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 9

Is there one that doesn't have to be refrigerated though?

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 1:43am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdamoose

Is there one that doesn't have to be refrigerated though?

Yes there is. icon_smile.gif

http://www.earlenescakes.com/icings.htm

mazdamoose Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 1:58am
post #7 of 9

Oh PiccoloChellie thank you so much!! Have you tried this one yourself?! It sounds like it would be good! I'm so glad to find one that does not need refrigeration. So as far as I am reading it... I can put this inside my cake Friday night and leave it out and it will be fine for a wedding at 6:00 on Saturday?! Thanks so much!

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 3:20am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdamoose

Oh PiccoloChellie thank you so much!! Have you tried this one yourself?! It sounds like it would be good! I'm so glad to find one that does not need refrigeration. So as far as I am reading it... I can put this inside my cake Friday night and leave it out and it will be fine for a wedding at 6:00 on Saturday?! Thanks so much!

I have tried it and it's quite good. I don't find it as "cream cheesy" as some...it's a little more of a subtle flavor. But it's tasty! If you'd like it with a stronger flavor, get some LorAnn cheesecake flavoring and add it a little at a time (it's quite strong!).

Yes, your timing is fine. thumbs_up.gif

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 4:18am
post #9 of 9

Kathyfs Cream Cheese Frosting

1 cup butter
1/2 cup Crisco
16 oz. cream cheese
3 1/2 lbs powdered sugar
1 T vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Mix on low speed for a couple of minutes.

If you use clear vanilla in both the color will be a perfect match for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comicon_surprised.gifffice:smarttags" />Wilton's buttercream recipe. I use this to frost cheesecakes
when a couple wants part regular cake and part cheesecake for the tiers.

This makes a fairly stiff icing. For a softer one you can use 3 lbs. of powdered sugar. This is the best I have found and it doesn't require refrigeration. What about taking cheesecake flavor pudding and whipping it into some Bettercreme and add a couple of drops of cheesecake candy oil. Bettercreme doesn't require refrigeration.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%