Chocolate Mff Help

Decorating By cakeandpartygirl

cakeandpartygirl Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 1

I made a batch of chocolate mff yesterday and I am having the most trouble with it. I have read that in making chocolate mff that you are supposed to add extra glycerin in it because the chocolate makes it stiff and you loose the pliability.

When I roll it out it doesn't roll the same way as plain mff and when I lift it off the counter it tears in my hands. In other words it has lost it's ability to stretch. I have read other threads about adding extra powdered sugar which I did and it didn't change it. I added extra glycerin about 3 tbsp to a whole batch and it didn't change it. I used cornstarch when rolling it out and still to no avail. I know that it's not the recipe because I have used mff all the time with no troubles and have even made the white chocolate and it was fine. I am really struggling with it.

The recipe that I use is the 3 packets of gelatin, 3 tbsp of butter and 3 tbsp of glycerin. I know that people use different variations of this, however this is what I have used and it works for me consistently, except when I add semi-sweet chocolate. I don't know if it makes a difference but I used hershey's special dark chocolate chips. I have made it before and used chocolate squares and it did the same thing.

Does anybody have any suggestions, tips, pointers or is there something that I am doing wrong? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%