Need Help With Marble Cake Recipe Please

Baking By CaseyNic Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 4:25am by Sweet_Toof

CaseyNic Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, this might be a silly a question BUT: I would like to make a marble cake and I have both a chocolate and butter recipe that I'm very happy with. Can I just marble them together in one pan? My initial assumption was that this would be ok however, I tried it once and the cake was reeeaaaaallllly dry which is not a problem I've had with either recipe baked seperately. So, I'm curious if there is something that happens when you mix two different batters or maybe I just goofed the recipe (too much or not enough of something) by mistake last time.

Both recipes are Cake Mix Doctor recipes... the Darn Good Chocolate Cake and her Butter Cake.

Any thoughts?

5 replies
leah_s Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 6

Nope, there's no marble cake recipe. Just swirl two cake batters together. That's it.

CaseyNic Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 6

Hm... ok. I must've been having a loopy cakelady day when I tried it before. Thanks Leah icon_biggrin.gif

KsCakes09 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 11:51am
post #4 of 6

I use a yellow cake mix, take a small amout out of the bowl & add cocoa powder to it until its has a nice chocolatey color & smell (sorry, I usually don't measure it) & then swirl into the yellow mix already in the pan.

dhccster Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 6

I know I am posting late, but I wanted to let you know about the "fiddler on the roof" cake dr. recipe. That is the recipe I use for a marble cake. HTH.

Sweet_Toof Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 4:25am
post #6 of 6

Does this mean if I want to try make a marble cake, that I should find 2 recipes that have the same baking time and oven temperature or it could turn disastrous?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%