Dc Cupcakes

Lounge By TheBlonde Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 4:25pm by hollynme2

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone seen this show? I think they really do some nice work but it kind of drives me crazy all of the "acting". Just seems like everything is scripted. I wish that it was more natural. Also, the last episode I saw had a couple come in a day before their wedding to order cupcakes...no one orders their wedding cake/cupcakes the day before! And then a firefighter orders a huge custom cupcake firetruck for the same day??? It's just so unrealistic....Sends a bad message to potential customers too because after seeing this show they think that everyone can just throw something together last minute....

6 replies
erin12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin12345 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 7

I love all of the cake shows but DC Cupcakes is so phony I can't even watch the whole show.

chattycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chattycakes Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:23pm
post #3 of 7

I agree they drive me insane, HATE the show!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 7

There's another thread on this topic in The Lounge:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-690318-dc.html+cupcakes

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 7

There have been numerous threads on this show. And we usually have comments during the FNCC threads.

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 7

Finally caught the episode of them sleeping under the table on folded up boxes. UGH! Then of course they had to go and fix their hair and makeup before they finished the wedding mini cupcake cakes. Really????

hollynme2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollynme2 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 4:25pm
post #7 of 7

I took it off my list of "series" recordings b/c the "acting" was SOOOOO terrible. Seems like all is scripted and unreal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%