Frosting Tips

Baking By lakergirl Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 4:51am by sweethands

lakergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakergirl Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 7

Still a Newbie in this field but, I am FASCINATED by the artisitic work that is on this site! Which brings me to the question- has CC ever done or is there any videos out there for complete "Beginners" on cupcake decorating. I have watched a few on Utube & I am picking up a few techniques. I am looking for that "bakery" quality look on my cupcakes. Do most of you use the large plain tips for the cloud look on your cupcakes? (can't remember what the tip # is!?!?!) & a star tip? Any help would be greatly appreciated...LOVE THIS CC!!!
Thanks, Kim icon_smile.gif

6 replies
texastj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastj Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 7

I'm a newbie myself. Not quite sure what you mean by the cloud look. I personally like the Wilton 2D myself. I find myself using that more than the 1M. The 2D gives me that ice cream swirl look.

lakergirl Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 7

Yes- that was the term I was looking for-lol
I would really like to see some professional decorators do some videos for us- hopefully this plea will inspire someone to teach us!
Thanks for post...Kim

texastj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastj Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 7

If you go to Youtube there are several tuturorials. Attached is a photo of two of my cupcakes. One is the swirl and the other is a rose. With practice you will be able to master it in no time. Of course, I am no professional but I enjoy practicing and making them look good.
LL

tcwheeler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcwheeler Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 7

You may be meaning the big dollops. You need a big circle tip to squeeze out big, smooth "puffs" of icing. icon_smile.gif

lakergirl Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 12:19am
post #6 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for the photos & response back!!!
I have the one on the left mastered & will continue searching for more techniques...Thanks!
Kim

sweethands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweethands Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 4:51am
post #7 of 7

I need to make my 1st cake of cupcakes, my plan is to attach paper nut cups from wilton to the board and place the cupcakes in those to keep them in place but regardless of how they are placed on the board there will be some gaps between cupcakes how do you keep the frosting from falling or sinking in those areas?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%