Pumplkinwaffles Chocolate Cookie Recipe Question

Baking By Spectra Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 9:41pm by Spectra

Spectra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spectra Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 8

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knew how many cookies this recipe would make? If I used a 4" cookie cutter and rolled to 1/4? Is it the same as the NFSC or less? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out if I should do a double batch or not.

7 replies
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 1:31am
post #2 of 8

I think it is about the same amount as NFSC. The only difference in the recipes is you sub cocoa for some of the flour, add espresso powder and there is no baking powder. I use the chocolate recipe all the time and love it.

Spectra Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 8

It's awesome! I made it yesterday, it makes about half the amount as the NFSC, which is fine as I just made these for me and my family to try. They are drying with Antonia's icing right now. I can't wait to try it with the RI! hehe

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 8

I guess I must double the batch to make it equal to NFSC icon_redface.gif

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:05pm
post #5 of 8

the dark rolled chocolate cookie recipe really works well with added extracts. i always put the vanilla in for a nice base, but i add about a teaspoon of other flavoring. the chocolate cookies with banana extract added are our favorite, but chocolate with coconut extract added are just about as popular. they really take additional flavoring well. i love this recipe icon_biggrin.gif
diane

Spectra Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 8

Mmm coconut would be delicious! Is that just normal food flavouring?

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:31pm
post #7 of 8

yes, just the regular extracts you can purchase in the grocery store (thank goodness something is easy to buy for baking, lol).
diane

Spectra Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:41pm
post #8 of 8

Awesome, thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%