How Do I Make Toy Cars Stick On An Incline On Cake?

Decorating By heddahope Updated 4 Aug 2010 , 12:11pm by LittleLinda

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 3:16am
post #1 of 8

I am making a cake with the concept of the following picture/link. How would I attach the toy cars on the incline for them to stay put? Actually the mom will be attaching them since I cannot make this party, so I need to give her instructions.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1244185

7 replies
DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 3:29am
post #2 of 8

A little dab of piping gel under the tires should work, but a toothpick would be easier and quicker. She can just place a toothpick wherever she would like to place the car. Under the cars, there is always a little space that the toothpick will catch on to. She can just remove each pick after she takes the toys off to serve.

kater82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kater82 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 3:35am
post #3 of 8

u could use royal icing too. thats a great "glue"

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 3:57am
post #4 of 8

I have done this with a toothpick for the toy cars and a cut wooden skewer for monster trucks. You can very easily hook the toothpick to the underside of the cars.

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 4:05am
post #5 of 8

I did almost the exact same cake and used toothpicks for the cars.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 4:50am
post #6 of 8

I did the same thing, except I attached toothpicks/skewers (depending on weight of vehicle) to the underside of the car/truck using melted chocolate. Once the chocolate had set, I inserted the picks into the cake. The advantage of this is that the picks come back out with the cars.

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 6:26am
post #7 of 8

Ahhhh thank you. I was thinking toothpicks, but it just seemed too easy, lol. I just kept telling myself it had to be more involved than that.

Thanks again!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 12:11pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda

I did the same thing, except I attached toothpicks/skewers (depending on weight of vehicle) to the underside of the car/truck using melted chocolate. Once the chocolate had set, I inserted the picks into the cake. The advantage of this is that the picks come back out with the cars.

excellent point! I'd worry about the toothpicks becoming imbedded into the cake from some kid pushing on the car or something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%