Needing 2 Cupcake Recipe

Baking By bnsmith Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 3:02am by KJ62798

bnsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bnsmith Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:40am
post #1 of 3

I need a recipe for a wonderful chocolate cake and a wonderful white cake. I want them to both be moist. I will be making cupcakes with these and will be putting a white chocolate buttercream icing on them and then fondany decorations on top using my Cricut Cake. Any suggestions?

2 replies
tomswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomswife Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:55am
post #2 of 3

CHOC -

1 package Pillsbury Devils Food Cake (ONLY Pillsbury or you will not get the same result.)
1 large package Jello Chocolate Pudding (5.9 oz)
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm strong coffee (I use 1 tbsp Nescafe instant coffee per cup of water - excellent chocolatey taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla
a swirl of salt

Mix on 4 (kitchenaid mixer) for 2 minutes. Rises incredibly well, so fill cups about 2/3 full - I usually do one as a tester to see how much to use per cup. Bake at 350. My customers go absolutely ape over this cake. Watch not to burn, I don't time my cakes, I go by smell - you smell cake, check the centers with a toothpick. : )

Perfect vanilla cake - everyone on here loves it and so do I -

The Original White Almond Sour Cream Cake - Search on recipes(A word of advice - for the best results, always stick with pillsbury - I have tested others and it is not the same)

1 pillsbury yellow cake mix
1 cup flour, sugar, water, sour cream
3 eggs
1 tbsp of flavoring - I fill it most of the way with vanilla, then add almond and a touch of butter flavoring. The almond really makes it awesome.

Mix on 4 for 2 minutes. 350 til you smell cake! : ) (These don't get very brown on top to be done)

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 3:02am
post #3 of 3

For a yummy white cake, I use the tip from "Hello Cupcake"--sub 1c of buttermilk for the water listed on the white cake box and then add an extra egg. If you want it to stay white, use only egg whites. I used this for a wedding cake and it went over very well.

You can do the same thing for chocolate cakes as well.

For chocolate cake, I sometimes substitute very strong coffee for the water on the box mix. It doesn't make the cake taste like coffee but it boosts the moisture and enriches the choco flavor.

HTH
Kristy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%