Edible Newsprint To Wrap A Cake

Decorating By kfam Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 5:06pm by icingimages

kfam Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:11am
post #1 of 12

I have a request for a wedding cake that the bride has provided me a picture of. The bottom half of the tiers look like they are wrapped in newspaper. I don't have a printer to make my own edible images. Does anyone know where I could order an edible cake wrap that would look like newspaper? If not does anyone have ideas on how to put the newspaper onto the cake without it touching the fondant on the cake? Thanks!

11 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:15am
post #2 of 12

PM Debbie at IcingImages here on CC...she can probably print one for you....

nannykaren Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:17am
post #3 of 12

Maybe you could go to your local library and print your edible images on a printer for a small fee.

You can also try www.tastyfotoart.com That is where I purchase my edible image sheets and I believe if you email them a photo they can produce them for you.

HTH

Doug Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:56am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannykaren

Maybe you could go to your local library and print your edible images on a printer for a small fee.

not and it still be edible you can't.

edible images use special food grade "ink" -- actually a strong food coloring.

also, the printer must NEVER have been used for anything else -- they must only have been used with edible inks.

KoryAK Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:15am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannykaren

HTH

I'm sorry but this has to be the strangest piece of advice I have ever heard!

icingimages Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:34am
post #6 of 12

I will be more than happy to print it for you. Just find a picture that you want to use! Kory, you crack me up!

kfam Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 11:00pm
post #7 of 12

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Debbie thank you, thank you! I'm meeting up with the bride tonight to discuss details. If she still is into the newspaper wedding cake idea I will definately be in touch. icon_biggrin.gif

kfam Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 11:05pm
post #8 of 12

Debbie, can those sheet images be cut in half and wrapped around the base (circumference) of the cake? This is what she is looking for - about 2-3 inches wide (like a newspaper column) around the base of the tiers.

Thanks!

KoryAK Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 11:54pm
post #9 of 12

yes

icingimages Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:55am
post #10 of 12

Kory is right, they can be cut in any way you want them to. And when using the premium icing sheets, you will find that they will stay plyable and wont crack on you while you are working with them.

KoryAK Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:07pm
post #11 of 12

Truly, the premium icing sheets are amazing! Miles better than the standard brands. I don't know how I survived before! lol

icingimages Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 5:06pm
post #12 of 12

I know, I love them too! Did you know we have chocolate ones too?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%