How Do I Pipe These Flowers On Cupcakes?

Baking By Kirsty1983 Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 1:53pm by Writecakes

Kirsty1983 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 8

Hi I'm new to cake decorating and would like to pipe cupcakes like the pink rose and the purple flower in the middle with the silver cachous in this picture. does anyone know of a tutorial on this?
LL

7 replies
tcwheeler Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 8

Not sure about the roses and the yellow one on the right side but the others, use a leaf tip with the thin side turned outwards. Look on popular video site for how to video clips. icon_smile.gif The dark purple flowers with white centers are a drop flower..several tips that you can use for those.

CWR41 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:04am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwheeler

use a leaf tip with the thin side turned outwards.

Not a leaf tip... I think you meant to type a rose tip with the thin side turned outwards.

deMuralist Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:16am
post #4 of 8

browse through her channel, she has a ton of great buttercream techniques for flowers done on the cake

Kirsty1983 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:56am
post #5 of 8

thanks heaps for all your help

Tiffany29 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:09am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by deMuralist

browse through her channel, she has a ton of great buttercream techniques for flowers done on the cake

That is the video that helped me with a flower bouquet I made. She makes it look so easy.
She has alot of very helpful videos definately check them out.

tcwheeler Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 5:12am
post #7 of 8

ha..yep, thanks for correcting me, rose tip. icon_smile.gif Wasn't sure of rules about other sites but yep on that too...awesome tuts on youtube.

Writecakes Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 1:53pm
post #8 of 8

Those are pretty. I saw the purple one on the cover of Woman's Day magazine this month. In the how-to they had rolled out green gumdrops and cut them to look like leaves and placed them on the sides.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%