Giggle Of The Day - Today's Ridiculous Wedding Cake Request

Decorating By DebbyJG Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 2:07pm by cownsj

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 38

I know we all get these on a weekly basis, but this one just deserves to be shared. Really.

Here goes. Have fun, and enjoy the laugh. That is, if you can decipher what she's actually trying to say through all the misspellings. And yes, I *think* this is a serious request.

Hello, I am having a halloween wedding an I would like to tell u a little about what were lookin for. were having a halloween wedding but its gonna be a scary one not just like for the halloween colors.

In the wedding me being the bride is ...goin to be dressed as a witch! an the groom is being freddy so we was thinkin of maybe havein a castle or haunted house castle with a graveyard around it, an makein half theme freddy an half theme witch. We would also like the cake to look like its been split in the middle by freddys claws looking like it blood in the claw marks. Also we would like it to be in tiers atleast 3-4 tiers. The main top would be a small one with our weddin topper that we can keep for our first anniversary. then the second one dont matter the size but we have our own haunted house an we would like our name to be on that part of the cake which would be like this" Slaughter Yard Wedding" The main bottom would be a scary graveyard. please send any extra ideas u can think of, price of how much you think it will range from, pics of privious bwork, sketch of how u think our cake will look. thanks date is septer 17th so need something soon thanks

If you think you are up for the challange please let me no, i have a few ppl that has offered to do our cake but of course im lookin for the best deal so tell me about what ur price range is an how much u think a cake like this will cost an also the other cake decription how much it would cost. I would love to see pics of ur work our wedding is not until sept so u got plenty of time to be creative. any ideas feel free to let me no.

I am thinkin there will be aprox 100ppl or less. Please let me no if ur up for the challange an if u have any suggestions feel free to let me no Please send a price quote an pics of your work. thanks so much!!!

37 replies
DebbyJG Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 38

Well, you know, sorry, I really don't have "plenty of time to be creative" because I've been booked for September since late February.

And "AT LEAST" 3 or 4 tiers - for less than 100 people?

DebbyJG Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 38

She "has a few ppl that has offered to do our cake", so girl, I wish you the best, go contact one of them. Because I'm not TOUCHING this one. Even if I wasn't already completely booked for the entire month. Did I already say, booked since FEBRUARY?
Plenty of time.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 38

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 38

Well what are you waiting for!!??? ..........

Delete that e-mail!! icon_lol.gif

Gimme a break!!! Don't you feel honored she's considering you for this epic event? *cough*

DebbyJG Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 38

Yep, it's quite deleted. After I posted the content here. LOL. I feel like bookmarking cake wrecks for the next couple months and just waiting for this one to pop up.

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 38

Um, I thought Halloween was in October-LOL!
This seems to be one order to stay far away from!

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 38

I have atually seen this email before in a forum on here...... Scam/ Delete!

Dolledupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dolledupcakes Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:04pm
post #9 of 38

I've seen this request on here too.

DebbyJG Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:10pm
post #10 of 38

Wow, good to know that I wasn't singled out as a great candidate to make this "interesting" cake! icon_smile.gif

Lizmybit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizmybit Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:11pm
post #11 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

Well what are you waiting for!!??? ..........

Delete that e-mail!! icon_lol.gif

Gimme a break!!! Don't you feel honored she's considering you for this epic event? *cough*

OMG I laughed out loud on that one! All I can say is it takes all kinds!

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:20pm
post #12 of 38

This should be an easy cake though. If it looks like you drop kicked it, scooped it back up and then added some tombstones it will be perfect.

BlueBurd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueBurd Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:35pm
post #13 of 38

LOL!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:57pm
post #14 of 38

I've seen this request before!...honestly, I think is a scam. I wish I could remember who the OP was, but it was almost the same words.

I'd delete if I was you.

abayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abayes Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:57pm
post #15 of 38

Crazy Crazy Crazy!!!! I had a call last week and they told me that wanted me to do there cake they had already called HEB and walmart and the stores couldnt do it. dont tell me you called the Gro. stores then called me I know the stores were called before me because of cost thank goodness Im booked .

Wendl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendl Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:04pm
post #16 of 38

It's one thing to not have perfect spelling, but the grievous errors in that spamessage are nauseating.

Glad you avoided the scam it was or the headache (if it had been real)!!! icon_smile.gif

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:18pm
post #17 of 38

I've read this email on a forum here before too!

badkitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badkitty Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:20pm
post #18 of 38

icon_biggrin.gif it's either spam, or the poor thing is STILL trying to find someone to do her cake... icon_confused.gif

DebbyJG Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:34pm
post #19 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkitty

icon_biggrin.gif it's either spam, or the poor thing is STILL trying to find someone to do her cake... icon_confused.gif

Yeah, that's possible. She is "lookin to find the best deal" after all, and she mentioned that *I'd* (ha) have plenty of time to be creative, since the wedding wasn't until Sept. 17. Maybe she first posted that a year ago and now, well, It's astounding... time is fleeting...Madness takes its toll.... Let's do the Time Warp again!
icon_lol.gif

Btrfly578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Btrfly578 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:52pm
post #20 of 38

I also laughed out loud. I kept thinking what is with this girl. I "KNOW" some people misspell a word or leave a letter out, but it's a pet peeve of mine when it's a constant thing.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:55pm
post #21 of 38
cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:55pm
post #22 of 38

Spelling like that and her being a witch. Don't witches go to school to learn about spells???????? ok, so that was corny, but it wasn't too bad either. lol

See, now if you had that email still, I'd want to have a little fun with her. Give her some outrageous price and see what her comeback would be.

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:58pm
post #23 of 38

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-666984-previous.html

There's the thread this cropped up in before, and the OP from that thread is an Ohioan. Maybe this *is* a real person who's still trying to find someone to make her cake.... icon_confused.gif

DebbyJG Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 11:14pm
post #24 of 38

Oh wow, okay, now looking at the former thread, and that it's from Ohio, I really am thinking this person is serious and they have been trying to find a poor schmuck to do this cake for them since January!!! And now I totally get the line that says "you have plenty of time to be creative".

Oh wow.

I'm thinking about contacting the OP of the first thread and see if she's had any other contact with this person.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 11:21pm
post #25 of 38

unless you deleted your delete box, you may still have the email. Maybe it's young kids getting married......... very curious about this now

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 11:27pm
post #26 of 38

Oh my.... icon_confused.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 11:48pm
post #27 of 38

you guys made me laugh until I started to hurt. icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 11:50pm
post #28 of 38

I saw this as an add on Craigslist yesterday!

laceycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laceycakes Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 11:51pm
post #29 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyJG

Oh wow, okay, now looking at the former thread, and that it's from Ohio, I really am thinking this person is serious and they have been trying to find a poor schmuck to do this cake for them since January!!! And now I totally get the line that says "you have plenty of time to be creative".

Oh wow.

I'm thinking about contacting the OP of the first thread and see if she's had any other contact with this person.

I was just going to say maybe she's been looking for some to do this cake since February.

DebbyJG Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:02am
post #30 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirda6275

I saw this as an add on Craigslist yesterday!

Really? Okay, we're digging into the truth here. Are you in Ohio? Because if not, then it must be a joke.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%