How Do I Color The Wings On Gelatin Butterflies?

Decorating By sugarMomma Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 6:08pm by Loucinda

sugarMomma Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 4

I want to try out the veining sheets, and was wondering if you paint the colors on seperately?

If so, do you need to allow each color to dry first? and do you start from the outside or inside?

and while I am on the subject, what is the best way to attach the wings to the body?

3 replies
Loucinda Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 4

Everything you would ever want to know about the gelatin techniques are in this section of the forum:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-630413.html

You can paint them several ways - color the gelatin first or you can use edible markers or airbrush paints to paint them after they are made.

sugarMomma Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 4

I read some of that post but didn't find the details about butterflies, I'm am very time constrained and the website and my computer aren't playing well together today.

If I paint the details using airbrush colors, it won't melt the gelatin sheet?

Loucinda Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 4

TINY amounts of paint. TINY paintbrush. I prefer to color the gelatin before making them and then adding details with edible markers.

One thing that works better for searching is to google instead of using the search on here.

Type in gelatin butterfly painting and then cakecentral.com - it will bring it up much faster than trying to search on here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%