Can't Find "how To" For Making A Chocolate Loopy B

Decorating By Chasey Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 12:24pm by Chasey

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 8

I have searched using AND in between key words and I don't see any instructions here on CC. I also searched YouTube with no luck. Maybe I stink at being a detective, but I am coming up empty handed!

Does anyone have a link to share?

Thank you very much!

Edited to add: a melted chocolate loopy bow!

7 replies
TartletteTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TartletteTreats Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 8

You should be able to make a regular loopy bow (Google search "How to make a fondant bow") out of chocolate fondant

Chasey Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 8

Oh yes, I've found plenty of links for chocolate fondant and fondant/gum paste loopy bows! icon_lol.gif

I am looking to make this out of melted chocolate on parchment strips. I have the general idea, but I need to SEE how it's done because my attempt was pretty rough. icon_redface.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 8

Funny that you mention it. I was just goign through my old issues of American Cake Decorating, and this was in one of them. Basically just pipe out loops and insert them on a cake.

Chasey Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 5:47pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you for the link to that thread, TexasSugar. I keep hoping for a video or pic tutorial to pop up in my searches! I found this article from your link to have a few tips I didn't know in it, like using a marshmallow in the middle:

http://www.chroniclebooks.com/Chronicle/excerpt/081181811X-e1.html

I am having trouble getting the right thickness of chocolate I think because it doesn't smooth easily with my spatula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchockeyguy

Funny that you mention it. I was just goign through my old issues of American Cake Decorating, and this was in one of them. Basically just pipe out loops and insert them on a cake.

Now there's another idea! If I can't get the thin bow loops of chocolate to look smooth, I'll try that idea. Sounds a little more 2D, but worth a shot. Thanks!

TartletteTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TartletteTreats Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:24am
post #7 of 8

Sorry I misunderstood icon_smile.gif Can't wait to see the results!

Chasey Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:24pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by resmiff2

Sorry I misunderstood icon_smile.gif Can't wait to see the results!

Uh, err.....yeah. icon_lol.gif I doubt I'll have the courage to post it as my practice loops look so amateur! icon_redface.gif

Thankfully, I only bake for family and they think everything I make is awesome. Ha! Gotta love them for that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%